OGG/OGM

Archos Android Tablet available now 8GB ($189), 16GB ($229), 32GB ($258), 160GB ($310), 500GB ($349)
BloodyIron
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

OGG/OGM

Post by BloodyIron »

Hey so I have some ogg media, like ogm vids. Does anyone know if Archos is bringing ogg/ogm support to A5A? I think it would be pretty worthwhile.

Oh, and I'm loving my A5A more and more as I delve into apps and other such things, this is what I wanted my 605 to be. :)
map002
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Re: OGG/OGM

Post by map002 »

Ogg Theora isn't implemented in any hardware decoders so far, that I know of, and it's not supported in the A5A, as you know.

The Archos dev team could write support for the codec from scratch to run on the DSP, but that's a major undertaking. Since that might take (optimistically) weeks or (realistically) months to implement properly, I'm not sure they'd do that, at least on Gen 7. Maybe on Gen 8.

You can always PM nz to see what he says about it, he's awfully accommodating and occasionally surprising!

Michael
Guren
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Post by Guren »

For Audio it support OGG, but i think no OGM support. I'm not sure of it. But tech specs are like this.
Crlrhxphn
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by Crlrhxphn »

You can just use the MKV remux to convert the file container. It only takes around 2 minutes for a full length movie.
BloodyIron
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Post by BloodyIron »

Crlrhxphn wrote:You can just use the MKV remux to convert the file container. It only takes around 2 minutes for a full length movie.
Yeah I might have to do that, I was just hoping maybe something was in the cards for native support.
Crlrhxphn
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by Crlrhxphn »

We had to request ogg support for video files before they did it, so it could happen but its not worth waiting for them to add a new file container when demand for it isnt that high.

Return to “Archos 5 Internet Tablet with Android”