Labyrinth doesn't work well anymore

Archos Android Tablet available now 8GB ($189), 16GB ($229), 32GB ($258), 160GB ($310), 500GB ($349)
gschier
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Labyrinth doesn't work well anymore

Post by gschier »

Hey everyone. I'm on the newest (OpenGL) update and when I try to play labyrinth, the ball seems to move in pulses rather than in a smooth motion.

Can someone else try this to see if the same result occurs? You can download the free version from the Google Market.
32GB A5A Owner
Blue Bomber
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Re: Labyrinth doesn't work well anymore

Post by Blue Bomber »

Played 5 levels last night before switching to 1.9 (Copilot phail). Worked fine on mine. Maybe you need to close some background apps? The firmware installs a ton of things you probably don't need, which could be hogging up CPU time.

EDIT: Come to think of it, Raging Thunder that came in the games ZIP did show similar pulsing movement, though not enough to ruin the game (the game did it all by itself :p ).
propking
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by propking »

Just tried it and is super smooth. When games and apps get choppy I use Advanced Task Killer to stop background programs.
gschier
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by gschier »

Hmm. I think I'll reformat later to see if that helps. All other accelerometer games worked fine for me.
32GB A5A Owner
shitepoke
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by shitepoke »

if you are using the opengl firmware, go into Labyrinth optins and select 3D mode. I don't like how it looks, but it is smooth now

Cheers
Archos 5IT

Return to “Archos 5 Internet Tablet with Android”