Fullscreen mode causing apps not to work?

Archos Android Tablet available now 8GB ($189), 16GB ($229), 32GB ($258), 160GB ($310), 500GB ($349)
gschier
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Fullscreen mode causing apps not to work?

Post by gschier »

Just wanted to put this out there. None of the emulators work on the new firmware and also CoPilot doesn't work. I assume it has something to do with the new fullscreen mode. A bunch of other fullscreen apps do work though so it's not all bad.

Here's what I would like to see.
I would like apps to automatically go into fullscreen mode (hopefully this would fix the bugs) and also I would like to see back and menu buttons when you long press the power button.

I really hate that I was waiting for OpenGL so I could play my emulators but now that it's here they don't even work anymore. This fix should not be too hard for them I dont think. Hopefully everything will get sorted out soon.

I'm loving the OpenGL support though. It's awesome!
32GB A5A Owner
Gabriel1964
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Re: Fullscreen mode causing apps not to work?

Post by Gabriel1964 »

Have you tried downgrading to the previous firmware as it states the following on Archos' website
Attention: certain applications may not run with OpenGL. You can return to a firmware that does not have OpenGL support if desired.
You'll find it on the firmware download page, click the 'learn more' link by the OpenGL 3D hardware acceleration
gschier
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by gschier »

Why would OpenGL cause some apps not to work?
32GB A5A Owner
map002
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by map002 »

The same reason new video drivers on a PC might cause some games not to work.

They've just made a massive change to the video subsystem and tested it with a lot of apps, but they or their testers do not have all possible apps.

If you've found apps that it doesn't work with, report them in the FW bugs thread and I'm sure Archos will work on getting as much compatibility with as many apps as they can.

Michael
gschier
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by gschier »

ok
32GB A5A Owner

Return to “Archos 5 Internet Tablet with Android”