apps for the Archos 5 internet tablet

Archos Android Tablet available now 8GB ($189), 16GB ($229), 32GB ($258), 160GB ($310), 500GB ($349)
dwyvernt
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

apps for the Archos 5 internet tablet

Post by dwyvernt »

Please can anyone help. I have recently bought the Archos 5 Internet Tablet and I have enjoyed downloading the free apps for the device but I am having a problem in buying the apps. I have downloaded the Shoot U lite version and now I would like to buy the full version but I continually have the same message for any of the paid apps "request cannot be found". Is there a way around this? Thanks
map002
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Re: apps for the Archos 5 internet tablet

Post by map002 »

Moved your post to the correct sub-forum, where someone might be more likely to have an answer for you.

Michael
dwyvernt
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by dwyvernt »

Thanks Michael
gschier
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by gschier »

I've never experience that problem before. Have you successfully purchased other apps from the market?
32GB A5A Owner
dwyvernt
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by dwyvernt »

Thanks gschier for you reply. I haven't bought any other apps. I have tried making purchases from the Androlib site and each one gives me the same response 'request not found'. I must be doing something wrongly. Thank you for any other help.
gschier
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by gschier »

So from what I understand, you're trying to purchase an app from the Androlib Website?

If you are trying to purchase an app from your computer internet browser by clicking on the market icon it wont work. This will work on the Archos 5IT only if you have the Android Marketplace Hack installed. If you would like to install the Android Market you can read this post which tells you how to do it (it's really easy) http://forum.archosfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=29833

And of course, if you install the Android Market on your device then that defeats the purpose of going to AndroLib anymore.

The reason you are getting this error (I think) is because when you click on the link it tries to do a search within the Android Market instead of on the Web, so if you don't have access to the market on your device, it will not be able to open it.

Let me know if you have any troubles.
32GB A5A Owner
dwyvernt
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by dwyvernt »

Many, many thanks for your advice and help. I am now able to purchase apps but unfortunately the Shoot U full edition is not listed although the lite version is. There may be a particular reason for this.
macr0t0r
Archos User
Archos User

Post by macr0t0r »

Yes, in the Google Market there are many applications where only the "Lite" version is available. The reason is that they are not fully tested for your type of hardware/Android version, so they only make the free version available to avoid getting bad reviews on the paid version. I notice many of these applications do not fill the screen properly, have graphical errors, or require hardware buttons. However, some DO work quite well, and it's a bit frustrating. Example: you can only get Jewellust Lite, as it doesn't fully fit the Archos screen...but it plays perfectly well. (sigh)

Hopefully the situation improves as the Archos tablet gets updated and the developers update their software.
- Jim (A5 8GB)
dwyvernt
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by dwyvernt »

Thanks very much for the explanation
davep1
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by davep1 »

macr0t0r wrote:Yes, in the Google Market there are many applications where only the "Lite" version is available. The reason is that they are not fully tested for your type of hardware/Android version, so they only make the free version available to avoid getting bad reviews on the paid version.
Your best bet is to email the developer and ask them. Some have an alternative way for you to purchase the software. I tried to upgrade Note Everything to the Pro version and couldn't find it on Google. The developer offered an alternative line (to Slideme) and also offered to accept a PayPal donation.
OldGdgtGuy 8gA5
dwyvernt
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by dwyvernt »

Thanks for that advice.

Return to “Archos 5 Internet Tablet with Android”