USB host mode like Moto Droid?

Archos Android Tablet available now 8GB ($189), 16GB ($229), 32GB ($258), 160GB ($310), 500GB ($349)
gschier
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

USB host mode like Moto Droid?

Post by gschier »

Hey everyone. I found something interesting that probably won't work with our A5A but who knows, maybe it will. There is a hack for Moto Droid that turns the micro usb port into a usb host and I was wondering if it would work for ours too? Check out the link below for more details
http://hackaday.com/2010/02/10/usb-host-mode-for-droid/
32GB A5A Owner
TheRain
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Re: USB host mode like Moto Droid?

Post by TheRain »

I had spent some time trying to do the same but found that it's not supported at the Linux kernel level on the 5it. I even attempted rebuilding the kernel to add support but have not found a way to make I work yet.

I bought a special cable in order to try making it work but no dice. I'm not saying it's not possible to get it to work somehow, but it is posssible that it's a feature that is simply not supported in hardware. Or it make just require more work in software to get it going. Would love to see someone make this work though.
TheRain
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Re: USB host mode like Moto Droid?

Post by TheRain »

Just to be clear though, the it5 does support USB host using the mini dock. Also, it looks like there is supper for a USB host cable they can plug in to the dock port ( I'm currently waiting for a USB cable im going to try to mod to work that way. )

Return to “Archos 5 Internet Tablet with Android”