Windows 7 64bit not loading A5A MTP driver

Archos Android Tablet available now 8GB ($189), 16GB ($229), 32GB ($258), 160GB ($310), 500GB ($349)
BloodyIron
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Windows 7 64bit not loading A5A MTP driver

Post by BloodyIron »

So I'm running windows 7 64bit and it cant find a driver for my a5a 500gig and I cannot scrounge something up. XP had no problem doing this so im really aggrevated.

What should I do?
map002
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Re: Windows 7 64bit not loading A5A MTP driver

Post by map002 »

The 'driver' is part of WMP11 so it should just work. Perhaps someone else with Win7 64 can share any connectivity tips they've found?

Michael
nubbin77
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by nubbin77 »

I'm having this trouble too. I wonder if its because I tried to connect through a hub though. Tonight I'll try connecting to the back of the pc.
Morkman
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by Morkman »

I am running windows 7 64bits, but when I am connected with my A5IT I don't experience any issue.

Settings on USB modus set to MTP (Mobile media device).

I never have loaded any drivers or whatever.

Rob
Hitchhiker
Archos User
Archos User

Post by Hitchhiker »

Haven't had any problems at all. 2 different boxes and one laptop all running windows 7 x64. Never had to install a driver.
BloodyIron
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Post by BloodyIron »

Are you guys running home/pro/ult? I'm on ult, and in MTP mode. I have tried plugging directly into the mobo and so far has no impact. :(
StevenR
Archos User
Archos User

Post by StevenR »

I am running Win7 Ultimate 64-bit. Hooks up no problem in MTP. I have ADB working fine. There is a set of 64-bit tools for Android development that work but the normal MTP file stuff just works.

PS: all revisions of the AOS from 1.6.1 through 1.7.77
Morkman
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by Morkman »

Running Windows 7 Enterprise 64bits.
BloodyIron
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Post by BloodyIron »

Okay so it turns out that Microsoft releases regional versions. I have Windows 7 N Ultimate 64bit, there's also KN too. These versions are missing things intentionally to adhere to EU standards. As such I installed Windows Media Player and it now picks up on the device.

Woo hoo!

Thanks for the tips guys :)
Shifter2600
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by Shifter2600 »

I had the same issues with the same OS and also came to this same solution. Works great. But use TVersity for UPnP streaming it will convert most formats to a readable formats that your archos will play on the fly.
Archos5 IT
nubbin77
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by nubbin77 »

I still can't get this to work... I have win7 x64 ultimate - US version. I have all windows updates. I am running latest version of windows media player (12.0.7600....)
If I run MTP it says MTP USB Device failed. If I try the other method it asks me to format the drive..

I am not sure what to do here. I am plugged directly into MOBO.
vancamp
Archos User
Archos User

Post by vancamp »

nubbin77 wrote:I still can't get this to work... I have win7 x64 ultimate - US version. I have all windows updates. I am running latest version of windows media player (12.0.7600....)
If I run MTP it says MTP USB Device failed. If I try the other method it asks me to format the drive..

I am not sure what to do here. I am plugged directly into MOBO.
If you try to use MSC mode, it will ask you to format the drive since it can't automatically understand the Ext3 filesystem on the device. Many people, I think, are using the 3rd party driver available at http://www.fs-driver.org in order to mount and access from windows in MSC mode. This is a thread that has been discussed many times and has pointers in the wiki... http://wiki.archosfans.com/index.php?ti ... orage_ext3.

No idea why your MTP USB is failing, however. If there's a problem there, the other USB access may also be a problem.

Return to “Archos 5 Internet Tablet with Android”