Today's Special Value at QVC

Archos Intel based Laptops
CBers
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Today's Special Value at QVC

Post by CBers »

The Archos 10 is "Today's Special Value" at QVC today (14/03/2009).

It's selling for £347.88.

Not sure if it's the 3-cell or 6-cell though.

It's being presented live on QVC at 11am, 1pm, 4pm, 7pm & 10pm today.
robtek70
Archos User
Archos User

Re: Today's Special Value at QVC

Post by robtek70 »

I watched it on QVC and the price seem rather expensive for a 10" netbook. Plus if it as unreliable and works as badly as the Archos 7 I purchased recently in the past then it a definite No No.
Britman
Archos User
Archos User

Post by Britman »

OMG :shock: no one can seriously be expected to pay that price for a bog standard netbook? Tell me no one has done it! Why ohh why would anyone pay that price when most other netbooks are cheaper and better looking with customer support Archos can only have wet dreams about.
GizmoJ
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by GizmoJ »

okay I bought this on QVC last week. Compared to other choices I thought this was a decent deal as long as you can make use of the extras QVC provide. In my case this deal includes two power supplies and two batterys. I find that useful for travelling, keep one PSU where I dock at home and one packed in bag for travelling.
In addition this deal came with £80 vouchers for the moview download service, valiod according to the letter in the box for 9 months. Only time will tell if archos add any extra content over this period, but there are a couple of films I wanted day one.

Initil impressions, its an okay machine if you accept the quirks and not after absolute max battery life. The current generation of netbooks are edging towards but still dont replace my favourite machine ever - the Psion Netbook.

Im not convinced the speedstep on the processor is working, its reporting 1.6G even if not doind anything. I read online that RMClock doesnt support this processor, anyone found a utility that I could use to experiment - possible opportunity to improve battery life.
Charbax
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Charbax »

You can probably buy a 6-cell battery, this should double the battery life, and yup look for background power management software that may be compatible running on Windows XP.

Return to “Archos 10, Archos 10S and Archos 13”