Post by shelington »

http://translate.google.com/translate?s ... C8688.html

Looks like its a netbook after all...
Archos5Fan
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Re: Archos 10

Post by Archos5Fan »

A little more, translated to English: http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... n%26sa%3DN
Raw G
Archos User
Archos User

Post by Raw G »

Looks pretty boring to me, I've got an Archos 5
gamtab
Archos User
Archos User

Post by gamtab »

whist I like the A5 and A7 they have OS, hardware and customer support issues...I need a laptop that just works and does not need frequent OS fixes to make basic functions work and when it breaks I effective and efficient customer support...do I trust Archos to deliver this??
Deejay300
Archos User
Archos User

Post by Deejay300 »

dllnbrown
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by dllnbrown »

It is now a reality. There is a new press release as of today on the Archos website:

http://www.archos.com/corporate/press/press_releases/ARCHOS_10_PR_140109_EN.pdf

DLLNBrown
605 80GB
TV+
101 G9 250GB 1.5Ghz
Archos5Fan
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by Archos5Fan »

Prices and availability:

The ARCHOS 10 will be available from selected retailers and the ARCHOS online store
www.archos.com from January onwards. The ARCHOS 10 is available with a recommended retail
price of £349...
The ARCHOS 10 is supplied with a mains power charger and user manual and includes the
following software: Lotus Symphony ÔÇô Working Suite (unlimited version), BitDefenderÔäó Antivirus
2009 (6 months free version), Parental Filter (6 months free version), XnView (unlimited version)
and Vtuner Web Radio & TV Player.
cghori
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by cghori »

WOW! Looks great! Thank God I held off on buying the A5. The A10 is HOT! Thank you Archos!
theman101
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by theman101 »

Am I the only one here who realizes this is bound to be a complete failure? The only reason Archos products have been any good is because they have hardware specs that stand out, and this is one of about 10,000 netbooks using a 1.6ghz intel atom, 1 GB ram, wifi, win XP........ so on and so forth. Not only that but its one of the ugliest to boot. The only thing I see that could possibly make this worth while is the software bundles. If you ask me, this is about 1-2 years late to survive in the flood of netbooks flooding the market.
Luke
Archos5Fan
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by Archos5Fan »

At best (in my view) it's merely OK. There isn't anything that compels me to buy it. Say what you will about the Sony P series (expensive, whatever) it does make an impression: it is small, it has a very interesting screen, has 802.11n, Bluetooth, GPS, and runs Vista quickly (from what I have read). The price may turn away some people but it looks smashing, performs decently, and has some features that set it apart. It's a statement piece.
niron
Archos User
Archos User

Post by niron »

Only a year ago, Charbax and myself predicted this to happen [link: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=16670]. Regretfully, I couldn't wait for Archos to launch their latest netbook, so i got myself the Asus N10.
beerendan
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by beerendan »

Generic looks, generic specs, generic price, and to top it off its bundled with Windows and what we all need in a new laptop: tonnes of bloatware... my heart truly sank when the rumours of this netbook release came through... what might just have kept me interested is it coming bundled with Linux and an instant-boot media centre front-end in the same vein as the PMPs interface (like Dell laptops but with that Archos sheen)... but no - Archos buys some Hasee MJ125 netbooks slaps on the Archos label and proceeds to fill it with crapware.... as they say: "stick to your day job"... :doubt:
mogera57
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by mogera57 »

Ouch, at first I thought that 1995-styled laptop was a joke...the sort of thing that you'd see on April Fools Day. What were they thinking?!
theman101
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by theman101 »

They could have at leaset tried to make it look good.
Luke
sype
Archos User
Archos User

Post by sype »

I think they should have installed the archos 5 and 7 software on the archos 10. then you could choose to boot to Windows XP or the archos software. this could let you play media thats on the hard drive and save on battery life.
It would then have something that the other netbooks dont, and make it stand out.
strikeback03
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by strikeback03 »

I don't think I'm going out on much of a limb guessing the ARM processor in the IMTs is not x86 compatible. So they would have needed to port the IMT OS to the X86 architecture, which would probably take time away from fixing its problems on its native platform.

Maybe they should have looked at creating a system that could use two or three ARM processors. That would at least be different; couldn't run Windows but as long as they could use some Linux no real loss.
Deejay300
Archos User
Archos User

Post by Deejay300 »

Hehe, £40 to spend at the media club?

Thats not even worth that much due to the tiny range of films on offer. To make this worthwhile, they would have to at least increase the catalogue a lot.
If it was though, this could be a very attractive feature of the A10 if the built in media club service was top-notch.
theman101
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by theman101 »

The sony p has an xmb inteface
Luke
stopony
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by stopony »

I just bought an MSI wind with slightly better specs for $349, why onEarth would Archos want to enter this commodity business without adding anything new to the mix?

Return to “Archos 10, Archos 10S and Archos 13”