Live Chat 10th January 10AM-6PM PST about Archos news at CES

Post by Charbax »

cghori
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Re: Live Chat 10th January 10AM-6PM PST about Archos news at CES

Post by cghori »

Hi Everyone,

OK, I tried setting up a meeting with Archos at the MGM Grand today. I emailed Frederic Balay this morning to set up a time (his contact info was on the press release). I told him I was a member of the press (I do have a Press Pass for the CES) and would like to spend some time with him today. No reponse. So I spent $10 cab fare to go to the MGM hoping to find the Archos suite. I go to the Conference room area and no Archos name listed. I call the hotel operator requesting the Archos suite, she looks at her room schedules and finds nothing. So I give her Mr. Balay's name figuring maybe a private hotel suite was reserved under his name. Aha-she found his name and rang his room. No answer. Finally, I called his contact number 3 times (about 10-15 minutes apart). I get voice mail each time. The 3rd time I left a detailed message on who I am and again requested a meeting. I waited an hour in the lobby hoping for a call back. Never called back. I had to leave for the Convention Center to go to my other meetings. I kept checking my emails on my Blackberry. No email or call back from Mr. Balay. Is this how the company intends to build up good relationships with reviewers and users? All I wanted was maybe a 15-20 minute meeting. I wasted at least 2 hours of my busy day chasing a wild goose (not to mention the $10 cab fare). I will still be here tomorrow (last day of the show) so hopefuly Mr. Balay will get back to me.

On another note, Sandisk introduced a 240gb solid state drive with a 500gb model coming out this summer so maybe there is a chance Archos will be able to utilize them in future models as the prices come down.
Charbax
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Charbax »

Thanks for trying!

We've been waiting 5 hours so far in the chat-room, but still no informations to be found on the Internet..

I don't think SSD make that much sense, since it's so expensive.. Rather have much bigger and cheaper hard drives, and if needed, some type of hybrid hard drive for a larger OS that would need faster access. Though I don't think that a larger OS like Vista makes sense anyways.
dysqodave
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by dysqodave »

What Archos issued a press release and didnt follow through?

Hmm where have I seen that before? Oh yeah:
http://www.archos.com/corporate/press/p ... 080422.pdf
Charbax
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Charbax »

They are most probably showing the new product/products to a selected number of journalists right now. They are just not very communicative on when we will know about it on the blogs and forums.

Return to “Archos 10, Archos 10S and Archos 13”