HAS ARCHOS APPEARED ON CES YET?

Archos Intel based Laptops
hafizmi5
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

HAS ARCHOS APPEARED ON CES YET?

Post by hafizmi5 »

I would like to know when the hell archos are going to turn up with my tv snap on that i orginally bought archos 5 for...where are you archos?
Charbax
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: HAS ARCHOS APPEARED ON CES YET?

Post by Charbax »

Today.. it should start in about 50 minutes at the MGM towers hotel in Las Vegas, standing by.. join the http://forum.archosfans.com/chat/
Deejay300
Archos User
Archos User

Post by Deejay300 »

Anything happened yet?
Charbax
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Charbax »

Nope we are still hanging around in the http://forum.archosfans.com/chat/ refreshing http://friendfeed.com/search?q=Archos&who=everyone and http://blogsearch.google.com/blogsearch ... arch+Blogs hoping for some news from the MGM Towers hotel in Las Vegas soon..
Vistagamer
Archos User
Archos User

Post by Vistagamer »

Now what is that New Produkt?
Deejay300
Archos User
Archos User

Post by Deejay300 »

Has anything been released anywhere today?
Archos5Fan
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by Archos5Fan »

I guess Archos gave a presentation but despite best efforts nothing about a new product has been reported that I can find.
roylovelock

Post by roylovelock »

i bet they have done another NDA again, shame really to annouce something then keep all their customers in the dark over it.
roy
COYI
Deejay300
Archos User
Archos User

Post by Deejay300 »

NDA? I think we will learn more when they are back at work on monday. Hopefully the website will be updated or something.
Chengbin
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by Chengbin »

Why NDA when they tell you they're introducing a new product at MGM hotel on their website?
Gr.9 tech lover
Archos5Fan
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by Archos5Fan »

Archos probably mentioned it to get the attention of the press, but, once the press arrives the NDA appears. Something all the press is used to. I believe the demonstrations were private so that would be a tip-off of an NDA situation.
hafizmi5
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by hafizmi5 »

archos are getting too big for their boots, i mean every other brand in the world strut their stuff, the likes of samsung and sony , and here we have a measly french company producing portable pmps only that don't even work correctly and now they snob the press..what ever they have in mind surely this should have been the time to show..even apple aint that coy! :evil:
Charbax
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Charbax »

Samsung, Sony, Apple have shown nothing new at CES.

Nor do those giant companies have any product anywhere close to having the features and the value proposition that Archos has been proposing on the market for years already.
Archos5Fan
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by Archos5Fan »

Nothing? Surely now....

I hope the show was a great success for Archos but I didn't see any news concerning Archos in any of the Gadget/Enthusiast blogs and sites. Based on that lack of news I would say Archos showed nothing new. But that isn't true. Right?
hafizmi5
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by hafizmi5 »

spot on..its the same old shit different day, revamps hardly spectacular compared to samsung bringing out like 10,ooo different products..how many have archos done ..eh let me think just the 1 maybe two all re incarnations of previous devices...hardly new =D>
Charbax
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Charbax »

halfzimi must be insane. Samsung has done nothing new for a long time. The Samsung P3 is crap, the Omnia is crap, Samsung symbian phones are crap (because they are symbian), Samsung UMPCs are crap. Well to state it in another way, Samsung makes products in crappy product categories. It may be the Samsung UMPC is the best UMPC, but UMPC's are crap. Windows Mobile phones are crap thus Omnia is crap. And symbian phones are crap thus the Samsung innov8 is BS. Also small mp3 players with color screens that make them expensive but with crappy multimedia capabilities is also a crap product segment. But hey, if you like that kind of crap, be my guest and be a Samsung fan.

I believe that being one of the biggest corporations in the world, being like a huge chunck of the South Korean GDP, samsung should have a responsibillity to do much better and really invent new things that may change technological paradigms for the people of South Korea and for the people of the World instead of just releasing copy-cat products in already established semi-crappy product categories.

Samsung is engineered to take market shares in already existing market segments instead of inventing new market segments. Basically Samsung is still copying most of their products on American and European models, instead of using that huge potential that they have to create something really new. Samsung are wasting so many opportunities on playing it safe.
hafizmi5
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by hafizmi5 »

SOUR GRAPES MY FREIND... you yourself have just listed numerous products in numerous categories , whether they are crap is a matter of opinion im sure millons of people who buy samsung product think otherwise..all i have stated is that archos products are always unfinished versions , not reliable at all, ask the friends in the forum whether or not they have nightmares of archos products dying on them
shelington
Archos User
Archos User

Post by shelington »

Charbax.....What world are living in??

Have you actually ever worked in industry and know how things work and why products sell or do you just live in your own wee Archos world?!?

In my opinion the New Sony/Samsung MP3/PMP's are much better/reliable products that anything archos make. Once flash memory evolves to greater than 100GB archos are going to be screwed by these types of companies.
Charbax
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Charbax »

shelington, then go buy whatever Sony or Samsung PMP you are talking about. Don't come back here crying when those don't even support DivX.

Those companies are very sick to their core. They are so big by selling tons and tons of screens and making the bulk of their revenues on HDTVs, they completely discard any internal attempt at creating new product segments. Any internal suggestion to push innovative products is silenced by the old bureaucracy of the corporation. Cause why should those giant companies compete with their own market domination on the current market segments.

Why should Samsung come with a device that replaces the more expensive stuff that they sell with something newer, better and cheaper. Samsung executives have been sentenced and jailed many times for artificially inflating consumer electronics prices. Inflating the prices of components that other companies purchase such as screens and ram memory components. Artificially inflating prices, blocking innovation is the easiest way for these giant companies to try to maintain the same amounts of revenues and profits.
Archos5Fan
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by Archos5Fan »

So what exciting new product did Archos show the selected press? Maybe this: http://209.85.165.102/translate_c?hl=en ... 3VDmDZhYPA

http://www.dapreview.net/news.php?item.4416.5

http://gpsobsessed.com/archos-10-nothin ... y-battery/

Lets hope this new product generates a lot of revenue. I wonder if headphone volume restrictions still apply for computers?

Return to “Archos 10, Archos 10S and Archos 13”