Home-Made Archos 7 Car Holder (UPDATED with Images)

160GB, 320GB
Post Reply
ARCH0SM0VIES.C0M
Archos User
Archos User
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:11 am

Home-Made Archos 7 Car Holder (UPDATED with Images)

Post by ARCH0SM0VIES.C0M »

Well, since Archos doesn't have a car holder for the Archos 7 yet I made my own holder and let me tell you... it looks great! My daughter is going to LOVE it when she finds out she can watch this bad boy clearly from the back seat of the car :) not to mention that this will keep her entertained when we go on long trips during the holidays. Now I'm really loving my Archos 7, it truly rocks!

Image

Image

Image

Image
Last edited by ARCH0SM0VIES.C0M on Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Archos 7 320gb
blandishment
Archos Guru
Archos Guru
Posts: 257
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:11 pm

Re: Home-Made Archos 7 Car Holder (It rocks!!!)

Post by blandishment »

That is wild sounding, you need to post a picture or two please! What an excellent use for the 7.
ARCH0SM0VIES.C0M
Archos User
Archos User
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:11 am

Re: Home-Made Archos 7 Car Holder (UPDATED with Images)

Post by ARCH0SM0VIES.C0M »

Pictures uploaded... enjoy! :)
Archos 7 320gb
tivolo
Archos Novice
Archos Novice
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:34 am

Re: Home-Made Archos 7 Car Holder (UPDATED with Images)

Post by tivolo »

I can't tell, is the Archos seated into the packaging from the Archos box with a hole punched thru to allow the audio cable to reach the jack? How well situated is the Archos in there -- I would be afraid you'd hit a bump and it would pop out. I don't have one yet though so I don't know how snug it's held. And is that plastic or foam?

Regardless, that's a great idea and very creative!
ARCH0SM0VIES.C0M
Archos User
Archos User
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:11 am

Re: Home-Made Archos 7 Car Holder (UPDATED with Images)

Post by ARCH0SM0VIES.C0M »

tivolo wrote:I can't tell, is the Archos seated into the packaging from the Archos box with a hole punched thru to allow the audio cable to reach the jack? How well situated is the Archos in there -- I would be afraid you'd hit a bump and it would pop out. I don't have one yet though so I don't know how snug it's held. And is that plastic or foam?

Regardless, that's a great idea and very creative!



sshh... keep it down :)

Actually that's exactly what I did. I modified the foam that it arrived in and used it to my advantage. It works perfectly and it's 100% guaranteed not to fall off even if I go through train tracks and construction/road work areas. Before I mounted it I made sure this factor was taken into consideration. I just can't sit and wait for the car holder to come out, it's bad enough the Archos 7 is out of stock everywhere right now and who knows when they will get the next batch. Besides, this keeps my little one occupied while she's sitting in her car seat behind me.

P.S. Here's a short video I just uploaded:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oAIf9vRdyQ
Archos 7 320gb
blandishment
Archos Guru
Archos Guru
Posts: 257
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:11 pm

Re: Home-Made Archos 7 Car Holder (UPDATED with Images)

Post by blandishment »

How ingenious! What a great idea and thanks for posting the pictures and video.
kawiultraman
Archos Guru
Archos Guru
Posts: 957
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:28 pm

Re: Home-Made Archos 7 Car Holder (UPDATED with Images)

Post by kawiultraman »

Lots of place around here, that holder would be illegal, being in the front seat.
ARCH0SM0VIES.C0M
Archos User
Archos User
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:11 am

Re: Home-Made Archos 7 Car Holder (UPDATED with Images)

Post by ARCH0SM0VIES.C0M »

kawiultraman wrote:Lots of place around here, that holder would be illegal, being in the front seat.



I don't know where "around here" is, but, "around here" where I'm at I don't see becoming an issue.
Archos 7 320gb
ahchee
Archos Novice
Archos Novice
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:05 am

Re: Home-Made Archos 7 Car Holder (UPDATED with Images)

Post by ahchee »

I have been using a Universal Car Mount Holder for GPS on the Windscreen to hold my Archos AV700 for a year already, so I believe it can also work for the Archos 7. :)

Something like this link below

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1154~r.31114081

Been using for a year and it didn't drop out or anything. I can post up photos of it holding my av700 if you guys are interested to see. :D
spikeman0619
Archos Novice
Archos Novice
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:06 pm

Re: Home-Made Archos 7 Car Holder (UPDATED with Images)

Post by spikeman0619 »

I took the in car holder idea and made it my own....here's my version. I made my with a cd visor holder as well, but the double sided folder type so I could secure my archos inside the holder. I just cut out the cd sleeves and made a window for the screen.

http://s436.photobucket.com/albums/qq86/spikeman0619/
ahchee
Archos Novice
Archos Novice
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:05 am

Re: Home-Made Archos 7 Car Holder (UPDATED with Images)

Post by ahchee »

Here are some photos of my AV700 with the universal Windscreen Mount!

Image

Image

Image

I believe the mount should be able to mount a Archos 7too.....I am still waiting for my Archos 7 to appear in singapore! :(




ahchee wrote:I have been using a Universal Car Mount Holder for GPS on the Windscreen to hold my Archos AV700 for a year already, so I believe it can also work for the Archos 7. :)

Something like this link below

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1154~r.31114081

Been using for a year and it didn't drop out or anything. I can post up photos of it holding my av700 if you guys are interested to see. :D
Post Reply

Return to “Archos 7 (without Android)”