How can I get my Archos 5 to connect to Windows Media Player

60GB, 120GB, 250GB and 30GB with HSDPA
jcr
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

How can I get my Archos 5 to connect to Windows Media Player

Post by jcr »

Hi. I don't know why, but my Archos5 won't connect to the Windows Media Player program on my desktop anymore. I can connect through the Autoplay window that pops up but when I click on the sync tab in WMP, my Archos never shows as being connected.
What can I do to fix this?
Thanks for any help.
Cary L. Brown
Archos User
Archos User

Re: How can I get my Archos 5 to connect to Windows Media Pl

Post by Cary L. Brown »

Any chance you've changed the hard drive mode? That would be the first thing I'd check. You want it to be seen as a media device, not a hard drive.

If that doesn't prove out, there's always hardware... cable, ports, etc... and finally, sometimes Windows' USB registry data for a particular device will show up wrong... for example, it may show up in Device Manager as "unknown device."
mediate
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Re: How can I get my Archos 5 to connect to Windows Media Pl

Post by mediate »

Cary L. Brown wrote:Any chance you've changed the hard drive mode? That would be the first thing I'd check. You want it to be seen as a media device, not a hard drive.

If that doesn't prove out, there's always hardware... cable, ports, etc... and finally, sometimes Windows' USB registry data for a particular device will show up wrong... for example, it may show up in Device Manager as "unknown device."

What he said. Also, check your McAffee quarantine for any files quarantined around the time it stopped working (based on your other message). It's possible it falsely detected a file which was necessary to allow WMP's sync function.
A5IMT 2008-2012
A5IMT 2012-

Return to “Archos 5 and Archos 5G (without Android)”