Few Questions on my Archos 5 Internet Media Tablet

60GB, 120GB, 250GB and 30GB with HSDPA
Munkustrapthecat
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Few Questions on my Archos 5 Internet Media Tablet

Post by Munkustrapthecat »

Hello I am new to this forum but definitely not new to Archos. I currently own a Archos 5 Home Tablet 8 GB with Android and an Archos 7 *GB. I've used the forums here to get Cupcake on my Archos 7 which I think is sweet. Runs much better then the original Firmware. My question is I'm now getting an Archos 5 Internet Media Tablet 250 GB model. I got it used off of EBAY. Seller claims all works well. My thing is seeing its used is there anything specific I should be looking for far as issues or possible issues. Also Custom Firmware I don't have linux and kind of don't understand whats to do to get custom firmware. Reason I'm asking is if the HDD does go bad i like to put a new HDD in to keep the player usable. Is there another way to do this that is simpler. Or Only what Links I see here are the way to do the custom firmware?

Thank you. Lots of great Info here. I will say far as the Archos 5 GB Android model if any one tried change firmware and its acting bricked message me. I maybe able to help fix.

Return to “Archos 5 and Archos 5G (without Android)”