your preferred screen protector

60GB, 120GB, 250GB and 30GB with HSDPA
munkytown71
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

your preferred screen protector

Post by munkytown71 »

i want to get some screen protectors for my a5. preferrably one that helps reduce glare. there seem to be several to choose from on amazon and ebay. what do you guys use or recommend? thanks.
NineToTheSky
Archos User
Archos User

Re: your preferred screen protector

Post by NineToTheSky »

I'd guess most people would go for a Zagg. The Vikuiti ARM200 from Disagu isn't bad either.

The real trick, I've found though, whatever the make, is to fit it properly first time. Once you get dust and marks on the underside, you're stuffed.
munkytown71
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by munkytown71 »

thanks for the recommendations. sorry i didn't see that someone had posted the same question a day earlier #-o
as for applying it, i thought about wearing some disposable gloves i happen to have that are used when preparing food. you know, the kind you see people wearing in fast food restaurants. i figure that should keep the prints off of it.
NineToTheSky
Archos User
Archos User

Post by NineToTheSky »

The Zagg is washable. I run it under the tap. At first it seemed a bit odd to wet it, but it works. They recommend that you wet your fingers too when putting it on.

Those gloves sound like a good idea.
rokero
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by rokero »

I'd think twice before using gloves. I'm thinking they may stick to the protector, maybe.
May 21, 2011
munkytown71
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by munkytown71 »

rokero wrote:I'd think twice before using gloves. I'm thinking they may stick to the protector, maybe.
yea i guess that could be possible. i'll just have to see what to do when i get one. thanks guys.
beewize2
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Post by beewize2 »

When I installed my 2nd zagg invisishield I did not use their spray. I used a bowl of soapy water. A drop of dish detergent and water. I put the entire piece I was working with in the water and keep my fingers wet. It worked well.
JuAnK
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by JuAnK »

Invisible shield by far ;)
archos5noob
Archos User
Archos User

Post by archos5noob »

i have an invisble shield im selling

http://cgi.ebay.com/ZAGG-Invisible-Shie ... 1|294%3A50

if you buy it, change the total to $25 in the invoice ;)
munkytown71
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by munkytown71 »

from what i've seen, these zaggs seem like a good choice for the money. unfortunately they don't have an installation demo video on their site. so could someone tell me if the full body protector actually covers the "full body?" i know it would cover the back and screen but what about the glossy "frame" around the screen? and how is it on reducing glare? oh, and is it still easy to "scroll" on the screen using your fingers, or is it a bit too tacky? thanks.
blurpasta
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by blurpasta »

ya... it does cover all the glossy parts, all parts are covered up beside the speaker and headphone jack. loves the invisible shield, i do not need to worry about the glossy part now.
munkytown71
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by munkytown71 »

what about volume button, power button and usb connectors?
NineToTheSky
Archos User
Archos User

Post by NineToTheSky »

I have the Zagg screen protector. I think it actually improves the use of the touchscreen by giving it some grip.
munkytown71
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by munkytown71 »

2 of my nephews and my brother have the ipod touch. i know one has a screen protector but im not sure about the others. but when any of them scroll using the touch screen the pages move sooo much smoother than on my archos. is it just the way the ipod screen is made? is the touch feature that much better? also, one of my nephews said he can watch youtube videos on his. maybe his dad (my brother) just uploaded some vids from youtube to his ipod and he just assumes it will play streaming video, he's only 10 lol. so does it play youtube and other website videos or not? i always thought it didn't. thanks.
munkytown71
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by munkytown71 »

NineToTheSky wrote:I have the Zagg screen protector. I think it actually improves the use of the touchscreen by giving it some grip.
what do you mean improves the touchscreen by giving it some grip? gives the touchscreen grip? coz mine could stand to be a bit smoother. im hoping the protector will help with that.

Return to “Archos 5 and Archos 5G (without Android)”