any good device media syncing programs out there?

60GB, 120GB, 250GB and 30GB with HSDPA
zombie
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

any good device media syncing programs out there?

Post by zombie »

im looking for some program that i could run on my mac, that is set up to manage things like automatic media syncing to my archos. I have the feeling theres some nicely made program out there like this but i just cant find it. I want to be able to have it sync my videos just like syncing songs, and it could possibly manage all my pictures and documents and stuff. i dont need it to be much of an incredible player i just would like a nice like, every-file-usb-device-syncer/manager that could make things a bit smoother than dragging and dropping all my new files

anything like this out there that is really well made?
HellFury
Archos User
Archos User

Re: any good device media syncing programs out there?

Post by HellFury »

I guess you're looking for a program like MediaMonkey. It's free (if you don't want to do the most special things), but it's very good for playback, advanced tagging (even from the internet with good results) and I believe it's a good syncing program.

I don't know for sure this is good for syncing (although i've heard a lot of people about it) since i don't sync myself. I'd like to keep it all good by dragging and dropping since currently my Archos 5 library is fucked up by the WMP syncing process :evil:
Archos5Fan
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by Archos5Fan »

Media Monkey (for sync'ing on a PC at least) is painfully slow for syncing. Minutes go by with no indication of any activity. Then it finally starts. Unfortunate for Mac users, but I use Microsoft's SyncToy V2.0. It takes a little bit of thought to configure it but once done it has performed flawlessly for me and is fast. I use iTunes for AAC creation and file management, for the time being anyway.

For PC-based systems SyncToy v2.0 gets my highest recommendation. I can't imagine dragging and dropping being any faster or easier. Maybe less chance of error.
Magmus80
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Post by Magmus80 »

Archos5Fan wrote:Media Monkey (for sync'ing on a PC at least) is painfully slow for syncing. Minutes go by with no indication of any activity. Then it finally starts. Unfortunate for Mac users, but I use Microsoft's SyncToy V2.0. It takes a little bit of thought to configure it but once done it has performed flawlessly for me and is fast. I use iTunes for AAC creation and file management, for the time being anyway.

For PC-based systems SyncToy v2.0 gets my highest recommendation. I can't imagine dragging and dropping being any faster or easier. Maybe less chance of error.
is it free?

Return to “Archos 5 and Archos 5G (without Android)”