Power outlet

60GB, 120GB, 250GB and 30GB with HSDPA
Missionsparta

Power outlet

Post by Missionsparta »

I know that they make AC adapters that a usb cable can plug right into, but does anyone know of one that will work with the right voltage and amperage for the 5?
HellFury
Archos User
Archos User

Re: Power outlet

Post by HellFury »

Yes, it will work. USB supplies 5V and there's a voltage regulator in the things you're talking about. The current (Amperage) of a USB-port on every computer supplies max. 750mA, so the adapters will be dimensioned to that current.
Synesthesia
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by Synesthesia »

links to specific products?
Missionsparta

Post by Missionsparta »

HellFury wrote:Yes, it will work. USB supplies 5V and there's a voltage regulator in the things you're talking about. The current (Amperage) of a USB-port on every computer supplies max. 750mA, so the adapters will be dimensioned to that current.
So will pretty much any of these devices be regulated to the same voltage and amperage? I already have one from Microsoft for my Zune. Would that same one work with the Archos 5 then?
MarkT
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by MarkT »

Check what is written on the device itself, but if it is a USB charger then it should be delivering 5V as that part of the standard doesn't vary.

The amp rating is the current that can safely be drawn from it, not the amount of current it will automatically send.

The device being charged will negotiate with the charger to set the current it is drawing or if the device is incapable of negotiation then it will stay as 100mA (low power mode).

Return to “Archos 5 and Archos 5G (without Android)”