Page 2 of 3

Re: Download Angstrom w/E17 Spz0's build (A5IMT)

Posted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:23 am
by dm8tbr
Spz0 wrote: Im still pretty new to linux, and still trying to learn about making my own custom recipes. If I knew how, I'd make my own recipe with e17 stock,,, not to mention a few other builds with different window managers stock. ;)
Then just ask me and I'll help you. Or should I use the big ol' clue-by-four to remind you on IRC that I'm there. :D

Re: Download Angstrom w/E17 Spz0's build (A5IMT)

Posted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:59 pm
by Spz0
lol :)
just got back from vacation, this is the first time i booted my puter since ive been back. i'll hop back on irc tonight or tomorrow, depending on bow late i work today

cheers m8

Re: Download Angstrom w/E17 Spz0's build (A5IMT)

Posted: Wed May 05, 2010 5:48 pm
by mautz001
Hay is there any Updated Build of Enlightenment for A5 6th Gen?

Thanks
mautz001

Re: Download Angstrom w/E17 Spz0's build (A5IMT)

Posted: Mon May 10, 2010 4:27 pm
by rsksmiles
mautz001 wrote:Hay is there any Updated Build of Enlightenment for A5 6th Gen?
If I am not mistaken I believe hay is for horses?

Well done spz0, I have just installed and run the enlightenment files you initially produced. Well impressed. Well done.

Re: Download Angstrom w/E17 Spz0's build (A5IMT)

Posted: Mon May 10, 2010 7:12 pm
by Spz0
Thanks m8. :)
Im working on refining an Illume version of e17 for the A5. Look for it here in the next week or so. ;)

Re: Download Angstrom w/E17 Spz0's build (A5IMT)

Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 10:28 am
by komser
Spz0 wrote:Thanks m8. :)
Im working on refining an Illume version of e17 for the A5. Look for it here in the next week or so. ;)

i guess the new release is out

http://www.openaos.org/archives/317

Re: Download Spz0's E17 Illume build (A5IMT) *updated*

Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 11:02 am
by komser
i installed in the past the angstrom using the prepared aos file (including the dual boot) at my archos 5 imt.
http://sites.google.com/site/archos5imt ... t-easy-way
now, i want to update to e17 release from spz0, the screenshots looks great.

only one note existing from spz0 to install, replace the rootfs.img file.
i need to mount the archos at linux using the recovery menu to replace ?
or simple plug the archos at windows at replace the file ?
also, where can i find this file ?

thanks in advance for your support.


komser

Re: Download Spz0's E17 Illume build (A5IMT) *updated*

Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 6:09 pm
by rsksmiles
komser wrote:i installed in the past the angstrom using the prepared aos file (including the dual boot) at my archos 5 imt.
http://sites.google.com/site/archos5imt ... t-easy-way
now, i want to update to e17 release from spz0, the screenshots looks great.

only one note existing from spz0 to install, replace the rootfs.img file.
i need to mount the archos at linux using the recovery menu to replace ?
or simple plug the archos at windows at replace the file ?
also, where can i find this file ?

thanks in advance for your support.


komser
I installed just by connecting the A7 to Windows.
The file needs to go into the root directory of the archos.
Download from the http://www.openaos.org website, unzip and copy the "rootfs.img" file over.
Reboot into Angstrom et voila!

Re: Download Spz0's E17 Illume build (A5IMT) *updated*

Posted: Wed May 19, 2010 11:54 pm
by komser
a new file is available 'illume-rev215.img.tar.gz' at the openaos space from spz0.
http://www.openaos.org/~spz0/
anybody know further info about this release ?

Re: Download Spz0's E17 Illume build (A5IMT) *updated*

Posted: Thu May 20, 2010 1:11 am
by Spz0
this is not a proper release. It is a WIP, not meant for download.
file deleted.
Stick to the links I provide in this post pls.

Re: Download Spz0's E17 Illume build (A5IMT) *updated*

Posted: Fri May 21, 2010 6:24 pm
by Kirk
This is nice - thanks for your work on it!

I launched Quasar but wasn't able to hear anything - I don't have this problem in the dual-boot provided Angstrom image. All I did to install was the copy the img file over as illume.img and updated menu.lst.

Re: Download Spz0's E17 Illume build (A5IMT) *updated*

Posted: Fri May 21, 2010 6:31 pm
by Spz0
by sound -- do you mean through the speaker? or headphones?

It defaults to headphones -- if you want to hear through the speaker, you'll have to set that manually in the archos helper prior to playback. ;)

Re: Download Spz0's E17 Illume build (A5IMT) *updated*

Posted: Fri May 21, 2010 6:43 pm
by Kirk
I meant headphones, sorry. So i take it that it works for you then?

Re: Download Spz0's E17 Illume build (A5IMT) *updated*

Posted: Fri May 21, 2010 6:53 pm
by Spz0
yes indeed it does.

tell me something -- when you were on the old build (matchbox/gpe), did you have headphone sound? Im thinking it may be that you need to configure your mplayer's codec? o.0

Re: Download Spz0's E17 Illume build (A5IMT) *updated*

Posted: Fri May 21, 2010 7:07 pm
by Kirk
Yeah, had no problem with headphones in GPE.

Re: Download Spz0's E17 Illume build (A5IMT) *updated*

Posted: Fri May 21, 2010 7:51 pm
by Spz0
Only thing I can suggest is tweak with your volume settings in archoshelper, as well as the gpe-sound setting.
Also look at the volume levels in quasar itself.
Good Luck :)

Re: Download Spz0's E17 Illume build (A5IMT) *updated*

Posted: Sun May 23, 2010 4:19 am
by VPCZ11
Which one open source release is this for, the old archos5 or the android one? Has anyone tried overclocking it?

Re: Download Spz0's E17 Illume build (A5IMT) *updated*

Posted: Sun May 23, 2010 1:10 pm
by map002
IMT = Internet Media Tablet - Non-Android.
IT = Internet Tablet - Android.

This is for the IMT.

Michael

Re: Download Spz0's E17 Illume build (A5IMT) *updated*

Posted: Sun May 23, 2010 3:47 pm
by leoinj
The image download is pretty slow, any interest in offering a torrent of it?

Update: issues with r2 build.

mplayer does not run and hence quasar isn't working either
Switching between default keyboard and numbers keyboard is difficult. I usually end up typing ']' or 'p' about 5 times before the switch dialogue comes up. This comes to my second issue, you have to switch keyboards to get to the 'Tab' key. I really think Tab should be on the Default keyboard.

Re: Download Spz0's E17 Illume build (A5IMT) *updated*

Posted: Mon May 24, 2010 6:08 am
by Spz0
leoinj wrote:The image download is pretty slow, any interest in offering a torrent of it?

Update: issues with r2 build.

mplayer does not run and hence quasar isn't working either
Switching between default keyboard and numbers keyboard is difficult. I usually end up typing ']' or 'p' about 5 times before the switch dialogue comes up. This comes to my second issue, you have to switch keyboards to get to the 'Tab' key. I really think Tab should be on the Default keyboard.
No interest of running a torrent m8. sry.

Its not the fact that Mplayer doesn't work, it works perfectly fine. Its that the frontend used by GPE/matchbox doesnt work in e17. The quasar frontend has been tested extensively and does indeed work. If you're having problems, the only thing I can suggest is re-downloading the original illume build, starting with a fresh home.img (delete home.img and boot the illume image build), and seeing if that helps.

The illume kbd issue in regards to switching to the number pad is mostly an issue with the ts calibration. I have the same problem, and unfortunately, the keyboard is functioning fine, its the calibration thats a little off along with the fact that the key to hit is a tad small.. I've adjusted the layout, so users shouldn't need the number pad (unless you need to use special characters) -- I've coded all major EN keys into the default layout.
Which bring me to your next issue:
If you hit "Fn+Spacebar" that is the equivalent to "TAB". I made sure to map that into the kbd -- thats a pretty important key. ;)