Is there any way to transfer pictures from camera to archos7

Special Developer Edition Firmwares and Hacking on Archos 5 IT, 5/7 IMT, 605/705, with Android, ├àngstr├Âm and other Linux
KuRtaN
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Is there any way to transfer pictures from camera to archos7

Post by KuRtaN »

Hi! Im going to travel to thailand and wondering if i could use my archos as storage for all the pictures i will take?
Is there a way to transfer the pictures?
Archos 7 = Crap
rsksmiles
Archos User
Archos User

Re: Is there any way to transfer pictures from camera to archos7

Post by rsksmiles »

KuRtaN wrote:Hi! Im going to travel to thailand and wondering if i could use my archos as storage for all the pictures i will take?
If you have a laptop then plugin the archos to the laptop and the camera into the laptop and then transfer to the archos via the laptop. But then if you have the maptop then you would not need the archos for storage?!

Has your camera got wifi or can it act as a usb host? In which case you will have no problems.

Sorry for the negative sounding reply ... it is just that I have recently become frustrated with the limitations of a good piece of kit locked down by a short sighted company.
dm8tbr
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Re: Is there any way to transfer pictures from camera to archos7

Post by dm8tbr »

KuRtaN wrote:Hi! Im going to travel to thailand and wondering if i could use my archos as storage for all the pictures i will take?
I guess you should be able to do this if you buy the "Mini Dock". Transfering Files from cameras is an advertised feature. As a goodie you can view pictures on an TV by using the TV-out of the dock.
I'm not sure if Archos supports the Picture Transfer Protocol PTP. But if your camera shows up as a mass storage device that's not a problem. That works for sure.
Another way is to attach an USB-card reader to the mini dock. That should work for sure with all types of cards and readers.
openAOS

Return to “Open Development”