Throw my archos 7 away or jailbreak it?

Special Developer Edition Firmwares and Hacking on Archos 5 IT, 5/7 IMT, 605/705, with Android, ├àngstr├Âm and other Linux
KuRtaN
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Throw my archos 7 away or jailbreak it?

Post by KuRtaN »

Hi! Im very dissapointed on my Archos 7 it really sucks. Cannot play youtube videos, restarts, slow menus and so on.
And i bought the cinema plug in, they took money from my account but i didnt get the plug in =/ Doesnt list in my archos menu.
I just hate that i cant install whatever i want and that youtube doesnt work, dont like Opera either..
Now i wonder witch hack is the best to install, and is there any toutorial on how to?
What can i do with my archos when its jailbreaked?
Archos 7 = Crap
Ate_Bit
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Re: Throw my archos 7 away or jailbreak it?

Post by Ate_Bit »

Well, I don't think you will find many people on this forum that will tell you to throw it away. The A7 is really a fine device for what Archos originally intended it for. The problem is that is difficult to tell what the limitations are by reading the product literature. I felt the same way a little when I first got my A5 IMT.

There has been a lot of discussion over the YouTube, Hulu, etc. video playing. Archos still states that once they receive a Flash Lite update, they will release a firmware update that will allow Flash 10 videos to play. Only time will tell if this actually happens.

It does stink that your Cinema plug in is not working properly. From all of the posts that I have read here, Archos tech support is usually very good about getting problems like this resolved.

As far as your questions go, there are guides and tutorials for everything. The links below will help. The GF Hack will basically turn on all plugins. If you are not happy with the device as it is now, this will not make you like it better. The patched firmwares will allow you to install unsigned firmwares, and is required to do the GF hack. Dual booting with the OpenAOS version of Angstrom will open up the device more and give you some flexibility for installing software, but that is in the Linux world. You should also expect that any of the above options will void your warranty and are all unsupported by Archos

http://sites.google.com/site/archos5imt ... evelopment
http://archos.g3nius.org/index.php?title=Main_Page
http://www.openaos.org/
5IMT, A70S v2.4.81 HW v7, SGP 5.0
map002
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by map002 »

Please throw it away.

Also, please post the the GPS coordinates of the place and the time at which you will be throwing it away at least 2 hours in advance.

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. :lol:

Seriously, why not just return/eBay it and get something you'd like better?

Michael
KuRtaN
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by KuRtaN »

Well i might sell it then..Maybe its the Android version i should have?
Archos 7 = Crap
KuRtaN
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by KuRtaN »

And i also wonder how ppl can sell Plug in packs on ebay? Alot cheaper than archos, maybe its fake?
Archos 7 = Crap
rsksmiles
Archos User
Archos User

Post by rsksmiles »

Deleted
Psionic22
Archos User
Archos User

Post by Psionic22 »

don't throw it away offering $30 plus shipping :badgrin: :badgrin:
IdiotProof
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Post by IdiotProof »

Don't thow it away, I'll take it!
nokiae50
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by nokiae50 »

i will buy it. PM me
openAOS ROCKS!!

Return to “Open Development”