Archos 5 SDE Question

Special Developer Edition Firmwares and Hacking on Archos 5 IT, 5/7 IMT, 605/705, with Android, ├àngstr├Âm and other Linux
decamatus
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Archos 5 SDE Question

Post by decamatus »

This has probably been asked or is explained somewhere else and I apologize if that is the case. I recently installed the SDE on my Archos 5 (non-andriod) and I can't figure out how to have the computer recognize the archos as a USB device. Any help would be appreciated, even if it's just a link to a place where this can be explained to me.
rsksmiles
Archos User
Archos User

Re: Archos 5 SDE Question

Post by rsksmiles »

decamatus wrote:This has probably been asked or is explained somewhere else and I apologize if that is the case. I recently installed the SDE on my Archos 5 (non-andriod) and I can't figure out how to have the computer recognize the archos as a USB device. Any help would be appreciated, even if it's just a link to a place where this can be explained to me.
I assume you have kevin's latest build installed (from openAOS).

Under kevin's builds there is a 100 mb file which can be mounted either locally or remotely. If you mount it remotely then it is visible to the computer to which you are connected.

Launch the archos helper application (from the main screen) there is a usb tab. you have 2 options - 1 to mount the file locally and the other remotely.

If you mount it remotely the connected pc can see it and you can send files over to/ from the archos. Mount the file locally and you can then move the files to where you want on the archos.

I do not think the 100mb is ideal and the more efficient way to transfer to/from the archos is to dual boot into the original archos os.

Luck
decamatus
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by decamatus »

I got my build direct from the Archos site, not sure if that's Kevin's build or not
map002
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by map002 »

No. With few exceptions, Archos is not Kevin nor is he Archos.

Michael
Ate_Bit
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by Ate_Bit »

If you are using the Archos supplied SDE then there is no USB connectivity included.
5IMT, A70S v2.4.81 HW v7, SGP 5.0
rsksmiles
Archos User
Archos User

Post by rsksmiles »

GO get it here:
http://dev.openaos.org/wiki/SettingUpMultiRoot for setting up dual boot
and here http://www.openaos.org/~kevin/archos_angstrom_project/ for getting the latest image from kevin.

I have never tried the original archos sde so I cannot say if kevin's is better or not - but I would guess it has more functionality built in.
decamatus
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by decamatus »

Kevin's is definitely better, however I am still having trouble with connecting via USB, when I select the Export over USB option, I'm assuming that was what you meant by Mount Remotely since that's the only other option aside from Mount Locally and Stop, my computer makes a noise as if something is connected and does nothing after and cannot detect any additional devices, I'm running Windows 7 btw.
rsksmiles
Archos User
Archos User

Post by rsksmiles »

decamatus wrote:Kevin's is definitely better, however I am still having trouble with connecting via USB, when I select the Export over USB option, I'm assuming that was what you meant by Mount Remotely since that's the only other option aside from Mount Locally and Stop, my computer makes a noise as if something is connected and does nothing after and cannot detect any additional devices, I'm running Windows 7 btw.
Yes export is the right option. As fot windows not seeing it - I am afraid I cannot help. I use Ubuntu.

Return to “Open Development”