fennec web browser

Special Developer Edition Firmwares and Hacking on Archos 5 IT, 5/7 IMT, 605/705, with Android, ├àngstr├Âm and other Linux
gerryb
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

fennec web browser

Post by gerryb »

Can any one get the fennec browser to work, it install okay and the icon comes up in other in Kevin's build, it doesn't launch ,locks up the system ,any ideas find midori unusable due to poor scrolling with stylus, no touch support in midori, I am on look out for other that work, minmo wont work as well.
gerryb
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Re: fennec web browser

Post by gerryb »

sorry like all like distros, too many taps open mutiple application of same programme, memory resourse problem, fennec works okay , bit slow but more usable then firefox on which it is built on anstrom, very nice looking and finger friendly unlike midori not scroll bar to mess about with. loads quickly in cnet, bbc ombile sites, but struggles a bit on full web sites like engadget with lots of images, so be carefull, install opkg install fennec- enjoy
nokiae50
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by nokiae50 »

sorry for the late reply, even I have got it working, extremely finger/scroll friendly, slow, crashes. But UI extremely great. It crashed when I opened openaos.org. Never tried any other site.
openAOS ROCKS!!
Spz0
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by Spz0 »

I vote for this one twice. This browser has a lot of potential, and kicks the pants off Midori.

Can't wait for this one. :)
www.openAOS.org
W3bArc29D3s75
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by W3bArc29D3s75 »

I have heard that Fennec has a bug and I donÔÇÖt know if it is true. I am not familiar with Fennec because I use Midori since the first time I had the OS installed. I guess you have to try other Browser in order to surf the web fine.

Return to “Open Development”