Ipod touch Apps on Archos!

Special Developer Edition Firmwares and Hacking on Archos 5 IT, 5/7 IMT, 605/705, with Android, ├àngstr├Âm and other Linux
beatlesontheharp
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Ipod touch Apps on Archos!

Post by beatlesontheharp »

Can someone please confirm if this works:
http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to- ... -archos-5/

Read step 10 first: It says your archos needs to be jailbroken first: http://forum.archosfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=26132

Can someone with a jailbroken Archos device please confirm whether this works?
stplatt
Archos User
Archos User

Re: Ipod touch Apps on Archos!

Post by stplatt »

I can guarantee you this is fake.
CheBuzz
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by CheBuzz »

Yep, this is a fake. The .aos file extensions is a sort of scripting language that is unique to Archos devices. Apple does not use it and just renaming some file to .aos doesn't mean it's going to work.

Seems like the guy was just trying to get a higher rating.
lespaul2510
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by lespaul2510 »

Absolutely fake. Aside from Apple being too greedy to let anybody use their software (Which is one of the many reasons why I refuse to join the iPod band wagon), simply changing the file extension will not make it compatible.
map002
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by map002 »

In a similar way, you can install Windows 7 by taking a magic marker. crossing out 'Microsoft' and writing 'Archos' on the install DVD instead.

(Keep in mind 'Archos' MUST be written with a capital 'A' or THIS WILL NOT WORK.)

Now when you did the Root hack correctly, a slot revealed itself at the top of the A5A. This is the hidden developer DVD-writer. Insert the Win7 disk here. Note that the disk will only go in halfway. this is normal.

Then just run the install.

Win 7 will run on the hidden developer i7 chip, the hidden developer 8 GB of RAM and the hidden developer dual Nvidia video cards.

Let us know how this works for you!

Michael :lol:
CheBuzz
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by CheBuzz »

Ooo, sounds cool. Five stars!
map002 wrote:In a similar way, you can install Windows 7 by taking a magic marker. crossing out 'Microsoft' and writing 'Archos' on the install DVD instead.

(Keep in mind 'Archos' MUST be written with a capital 'A' or THIS WILL NOT WORK.)

Now when you did the Root hack correctly, a slot revealed itself at the top of the A5A. This is the hidden developer DVD-writer. Insert the Win7 disk here. Note that the disk will only go in halfway. this is normal.

Win 7 will run on the hidden developer i7 chip, the hidden developer 8 GB of RAM and the hidden developer dual Nvidia video cards.

LuciferTengu
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by LuciferTengu »

It worked, I even got Crysis running with all of the settings maxed out. :lol: :lol: :lol:
-LT
sideways
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by sideways »

Is Crysis SDL based? If so it might port to the 605.

For ipod apps we just need to port an emulator

:D
generic_username
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Post by generic_username »

if source were available for cydia/other free iphone apps could they be cross-compiled? i think the iphone is arm based maybe?

alot of them already have interesting touch screen control work-arounds, see: iphone doom
lespaul2510
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by lespaul2510 »

map002 wrote:In a similar way, you can install Windows 7 by taking a magic marker. crossing out 'Microsoft' and writing 'Archos' on the install DVD instead.

I'm so trying this!
Right after I figure out how the built-in blender and coffee machine work. :lol:
judgechuck
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by judgechuck »

Hehe, here is a pic of my Archos 5 running WinXP from back in October 2009:

(See this thread for context: http://forum.archosfans.com/viewtopic.p ... 9&p=171023)
stplatt
Archos User
Archos User

Post by stplatt »

generic_username wrote:if source were available for cydia/other free iphone apps could they be cross-compiled? i think the iphone is arm based maybe?

alot of them already have interesting touch screen control work-arounds, see: iphone doom
iPhone has multitouch
Archos does not

So the controls won't work anyway

Return to “Open Development”