Can't install patched firmware

Special Developer Edition Firmwares and Hacking on Archos 5 IT, 5/7 IMT, 605/705, with Android, ├àngstr├Âm and other Linux
handyguy
Archos User
Archos User

Can't install patched firmware

Post by handyguy »

So i followed all the directions to install a patched firmware because i want to try to dualboot with SDE and im at the very last step, I have done all the steps repeatedly but to no avail. Whenever i try to load the games to finish the last part of the hack i go into games then dti and when i click dti nothing happens. It shows loading for a seconds then still shows the screen to choose playin'TV and DTi. Help would greatly be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
ojro86
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Re: Can't install patched firmware

Post by ojro86 »

I would try rebooting then running the game again, it should seem to freeze for a while then try installing the firmware from the data menu.
juan13
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by juan13 »

When loading your profile, does the penguin logo appear?
handyguy
Archos User
Archos User

Post by handyguy »

I'm sorry I think I didn't explain myself clearly, I cannot even get into the screen to load the game. Before I get there I have to choose between Playin Tv and dti but when i click on dti nothing happens.
siddys
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Post by siddys »

handyguy wrote:I'm sorry I think I didn't explain myself clearly, I cannot even get into the screen to load the game. Before I get there I have to choose between Playin Tv and dti but when i click on dti nothing happens.
I had a similar problem last week, i tried to load the patched firmware but had not downgraded to firmware 1.6.54 properly, thus when i went to Dti the Penguin Linux icon didn't appear

Go into to settings on your Archos and check what firmware version is loaded, if it is 1.7, then thats your problems, see the link below for downgrading

http://archos.g3nius.org/index.php?titl ... 5_firmware
handyguy
Archos User
Archos User

Post by handyguy »

No luck with this post either. I already am at fw 1.6.54.
edit: I will try to reinstall the firmware and see if it does anything.
handyguy
Archos User
Archos User

Post by handyguy »

thank you i downgraded back to stock 1.6.54 then installed and it worked thank you all very much.

Return to “Open Development”