GFT3 (Stable v1.0) for archos605 wifi (Software Jailbreak)

Special Developer Edition Firmwares and Hacking on Archos 5 IT, 5/7 IMT, 605/705, with Android, ├àngstr├Âm and other Linux
sideways
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Re: GFT3 (Stable v1.0) for archos605 wifi (and possible others)

Post by sideways »

nokiae50 wrote:So anyone here with 604wifi who can get the cracked avos
Thank you all for your support
Unfortunately gft3 almost certainly won't run on 604s, because according to the Archos wikipedia article the content portal was introduced in the gen5 devices.
sideways
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Re: GFT3 (Stable v1.0) for archos605 wifi (and possible others)

Post by sideways »

kb already got firefox running in qtopia ages ago, but I think it involves some work in configuring the qtopia environment, try searching for his posts

http://forum.archosfans.com/search.php? ... mit=Search

edit. ok here's the post where he announced success, it was konqueror not firefox (but the image has gone now, I do remember seeing it originally)
http://forum.archosfans.com/viewtopic.p ... 902#p76902
Styler
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Re: GFT3 (Stable v1.0) for archos605 wifi (Software Jailbreak)

Post by Styler »

Thanks, for idea!

For download video, mp3 from some services add in your bookmarks.txt ( with GTF3 (etc folder) ) this strings:

It's open download page:
javascript:document.location='http://videosaver.ru/get/?url='+escape(window.location); VideoSaver
or

It's open download page in new window:
javascript:window.open('http://videosaver.ru/get/?url='+escape(window.location));void(0); VideoSaver NW
no capcha

Maybe work http://ostermiller.org/calc/encode.html for opera:config and others...

Exploits:
http://www.metasploit.com/redmine/proje ... oits/linux
(maybe something works)
The_Don
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by The_Don »

Worked great guys! My sincerest thanks goes out to everyone who has worked extremely hard on this project.
605 Wifi (30GB)
serag
Archos User
Archos User

Post by serag »

Nice work Divx and Sideways. Nice to see you back in the game playing sideways after your unfortunate upgrading experience back when gft first came out.
sideways
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by sideways »

serag wrote:Nice work Divx and Sideways. Nice to see you back in the game playing sideways after your unfortunate upgrading experience back when gft first came out.
Yeah, it only took two years for payback time ;)
mr_nobody
Archos User
Archos User

Post by mr_nobody »

Hmmm, not sure if anyone else with the 4GB Flash model has tried this but either I can't follow instructions or it simply is not compatible with that model. I am on firmware 1.7.13 so I put the unlocked avos in /mnt/data as instructed but running the hack simply causes a hard reset of the device. Any ideas?
mr_nobody
Archos User
Archos User

Post by mr_nobody »

Just to make sure I extracted the unlocked avos correctly, the md5 sum for it is:

1434578a0b5d706f4698b40a08d8b586

Can anyone confirm that?

I had it generate an error log when running hack.sh...any clues there?:

+ [ -L /mnt/system/opera_home/jsplugins ]
+ rm -f /mnt/system/opera_home/jsplugins
+ [ -d /mnt/system/opera_home/jsplugins ]
+ ln -s /mnt/data/jsplugins /mnt/system/opera_home/jsplugins
+ [ ! -f /mnt/data/dohack.html ]
+ [ -d /mnt/data/Data/arcwelder ]
+ [ ! -d /tmp/ssh ]
+ sh -x /mnt/data/Data/arcwelder/install
+ mkdir /tmp/ssh/
+ mkdir /tmp/empty
+ chmod 755 /tmp/empty
+ cp /mnt/data/Data/arcwelder/authorized_keys /mnt/data/Data/arcwelder/id_arcwelder /mnt/data/Data/arcwelder/id_arcwelder.pub /mnt/data/Data/arcwelder/install /mnt/data/Data/arcwelder/sftp-server /mnt/data/Data/arcwelder/ssh-keysign /mnt/data/Data/arcwelder/ssh_banner /mnt/data/Data/arcwelder/ssh_config /mnt/data/Data/arcwelder/ssh_host_dsa_key /mnt/data/Data/arcwelder/ssh_host_dsa_key.pub /mnt/data/Data/arcwelder/ssh_host_key /mnt/data/Data/arcwelder/ssh_host_key.pub /mnt/data/Data/arcwelder/ssh_host_rsa_key /mnt/data/Data/arcwelder/ssh_host_rsa_key.pub /mnt/data/Data/arcwelder/sshd /mnt/data/Data/arcwelder/sshd_config /tmp/ssh/
+ cd /tmp/ssh
+ chmod 755 authorized_keys id_arcwelder id_arcwelder.pub install sftp-server ssh-keysign ssh_banner ssh_config ssh_host_dsa_key ssh_host_dsa_key.pub ssh_host_key ssh_host_key.pub ssh_host_rsa_key ssh_host_rsa_key.pub sshd sshd_config
+ chmod 4711 ssh-keysign
+ chmod 600 /tmp/ssh/ssh_host_dsa_key /tmp/ssh/ssh_host_key /tmp/ssh/ssh_host_rsa_key
+ chmod 600 /tmp/ssh/authorized_keys
+ chmod 644 /tmp/ssh/id_arcwelder.pub /tmp/ssh/ssh_host_dsa_key.pub /tmp/ssh/ssh_host_key.pub /tmp/ssh/ssh_host_rsa_key.pub
+ /tmp/ssh/sshd -f /tmp/ssh/sshd_config
+ pidof sshd
+ [ 1162x = x ]
+ HACKDIR=/mnt/system/hack
+ VERSION=beta2
+ [ ! -f /mnt/system/hack/beta2 ]
+ mount
+ sed -n /sbin/p
+ [ x = x ]
+ mount -o bind /mnt/system/hack/sbin /sbin
+ [ -d /mnt/data/jsplugins ]
+ mv /mnt/data/jsplugins /mnt/data/jspluginsx
+ [ ! -f /mnt/data/restartavos.sh ]
+ pidof avos_helper.sh
+ [ 941x = x ]
+ pidof sshd
+ [ 1162x = x ]
+ /mnt/data/ssh -f -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no 127.0.0.1 /mnt/data/restartavos.sh
grond
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by grond »

mr_nobody wrote:Just to make sure I extracted the unlocked avos correctly
AVOS for the 605-hdd differs from that for the 605f. Archos surely didn't expect anyone to run avos on a different hardware than for which it was compiled so it is not surprising that avos simply crashes.
openAOS
satscan
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by satscan »

Using the wrong avos is one reason. Currently restartavos.sh only handles the A605 (harddisk). To apply moldy cheese the correct avos needs to be patched.

But even copying an unpatched avos from /usr/bin/ to /mnt/data/ will still cause restartavos.sh to fail.

The A605F (4GB flash) or any A705 have different kernel modules loaded. I.e. the A605F doesn't load sdio_host_davinci and sdio_dma_davinci but has sdio_host_w86l488 loaded. So the restartavos.sh crashes when it tries to unload and load the wrong kernel modules. Using the device specific modules it does work.

I used GFT2 to extract the AES and five RSA keys from an A705 (1.8.x) flash. The AOS2 utility (archutil) had been updated by the A5 IT keys but I couldn't find a version that handles A705 firmware files.
grond
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by grond »

satscan wrote:I used GFT2 to extract the AES and five RSA keys from an A705 (1.8.x) flash. The AOS2 utility (archutil) had been updated by the A5 IT keys but I couldn't find a version that handles A705 firmware files.
Good work. I'm sure CheBuzz would be interested in the 705 keys. We have been looking for them in quite a while...
openAOS
CheBuzz
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by CheBuzz »

Yep, send them to me and I will go ahead and add them to archutil. I need to add the A5IT and the A5 3G keys as well. Adding keys/devices is really easy so I can have it done shortly after I receive the keys.
sideways
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by sideways »

mr_nobody wrote:Hmmm, not sure if anyone else with the 4GB Flash model has tried this but either I can't follow instructions or it simply is not compatible with that model. I am on firmware 1.7.13 so I put the unlocked avos in /mnt/data as instructed but running the hack simply causes a hard reset of the device. Any ideas?
OK, so unfortunately GFT3 plugins unlock only works with the hard disk models. If you follow satscan's advice and play around with the restartavos.sh script you may be able to get it to restart cleanly by removing the alternative kernel modules for the 4G flash devices, but you can't use a copy of avos from the hard disk models, so you'd have to find a hacked version for the 4G models.

So you need to do do things:
1. Get avos to restart cleanly with the original 4G flash avos binary
2. If that works, then get a hacked version of the avos binary for 4G models

Archilles probably used something like IDA Pro to find where avos does the checks for the plugins, maybe you could pm him and ask if he'll look at a 4G avos for you (you'll probably have to upload it for him).
Last edited by sideways on Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mr_nobody
Archos User
Archos User

Post by mr_nobody »

Thanks for the advice, guys. I guess ultimately I am just not _that_ interested in getting it to work...that is, until something beyond free plugins is possible. ;)
sideways
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by sideways »

mr_nobody wrote:Thanks for the advice, guys. I guess ultimately I am just not _that_ interested in getting it to work...that is, until something beyond free plugins is possible. ;)

There won't really be anything more for the 605 generation, no one's working on it. I may post a game or some small fixes for qtopia to get the ebook reader and konqueror browser running, but nothing else.

Archos could have got a fledgling development community going a couple of years back if they hadn't closed GFT so abruptly, but now they are playing catch up in a sad attempt to emulate the ipod's app store success.

Too little too late methinks.
generic_username
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Post by generic_username »

if somebody wants to post the 4g avos i will look for the MCchecks(sideways and divx did half the work by identifying what MC patches in the hd version) (just been busy/lazy and dont have a 4g)
mrdoc
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by mrdoc »

Can anybody (sideways, u please?) post an easy step by step installation guide for windows users?
I will highly appreciate that.
divx118
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by divx118 »

http://forum.archosfans.com/viewtopic.p ... a&start=31

If it isn't easy enough for you then maybe someone who has more time then me will post a tutorial with screenshots.

Maurice 8)
pandyBox
Archos User
Archos User

Post by pandyBox »

mr_nobody wrote:Thanks for the advice, guys. I guess ultimately I am just not _that_ interested in getting it to work...that is, until something beyond free plugins is possible. ;)
If this is stable and reliable, I'd write/port a decent eBook Reader, with Goto Page Number and Remembers last page read on EVERY book.

It's the only major lack.

#2 on my list to add would be a combined notebook/dairy/calendar/contacts with import/export. The Opera notetaking widgits are useless as I can't export back to PC.

Annotation via stylus scribble would be nice, but beyond my programming skills. I have stuff I've written myself that I can maybe port.

Console stuff on Linux is easiest to port, with DOS, OS/2 or WinConsole text programs (if you have the source and it's good)next easiest. GUI stuff really hard without a familiarity with the existing UI libraries used (Likely QT based).

Indeed all of this is pointless without some must have apps. TBH 99% of iPhone, Symbian and Android apps are a waste of space, but the other 1% makes the ability to install really "must have".
160G 605 WiFi
divx118
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by divx118 »

Just a little avos hack to enable the scrollbars in opera. I did add the binary edits to do this to restartavos.sh
NOTE: I moved the binary edits out of the if statement to check the existence of /mnt/system/hack/usr/bin , else the binary edits for opera wouldn't be applied if the folder already exists. Copy and paste the code below in a textfile and save it as restartavos.sh. Then copy it over to your archos overwriting the old one. Restart your device and apply the hack as usual with renaming the jspluginsx folder and opening dohack.html

Code: Select all

#!/bin/sh

# redirect all output to a log file
#exec > /mnt/system/restartavos.log 2>&1

# if original avos is not running then don't restart
if [ "`pidof avos_helper.sh`x" = "x" ]; then exit 0; fi 

#echo "killing network services..."
killall smbd
killall nmbd
killall downloadd
killall upnpd
killall sshd

rm -f /tmp/smbd.pid
rm -f /tmp/nmbd.pid
rm -fr /tmp/samba*
rm -fr /tmp/download*
rm -f /tmp/upnpd.pid
rm -fr /tmp/upnpd
rm -f /tmp/sshd.pid

#echo "killing udhcpc..."
killall udhcpc
rm -f /tmp/resolv.conf
rm -f /tmp/udhcpc.vars
rm -f /tmp/udhcpc.pid

#echo "killing wpa_supplicant..."
killall wpa_supplicant
rm -f /tmp/wpa_supplicant/eth0
rm -f /tmp/wpa_ctrl*

#echo "bringing eth0 down..."
ifconfig eth0 down

#echo "removing modules..."
rmmod sd8xxx sdio sdio_host_davinci sdio_dma_davinci sdio_core

#echo "killing avos..."
kill `pidof avos_helper.sh`

if [ -d /tmp/opera_home ]; then rm -fr /tmp/opera_home; fi

#echo "inserting modules..."
insmod /lib/modules/sdio-core.ko
insmod /lib/modules/sdio_dma_davinci.ko
insmod /lib/modules/sdio_host_davinci.ko

#echo "restarting avos (2.1.04 unlocked)..."
HACKDIR=/mnt/system/hack
if [ ! -d "$HACKDIR"/usr/bin ]; then
  mkdir -p "$HACKDIR"/usr/bin
  cp -a /usr/bin/* "$HACKDIR"/usr/bin
fi 
  if [ `/mnt/data/sys_info v` = 2.1.04 ]; then 
  # apply binary edits to avos to unlock plugins ( thanks archilles :) )
  echo -ne '\xe3' | dd of="$HACKDIR"/usr/bin/avos conv=notrunc bs=1 seek=$((0x244c47))
  echo -ne '\0\0\xa0\xe3\x1e\xff\x2f\xe1' | dd of="$HACKDIR"/usr/bin/avos conv=notrunc bs=1 seek=$((0x90f0b8))
  echo -ne '\x01\x30\xa0\xe3' | dd of="$HACKDIR"/usr/bin/avos conv=notrunc bs=1 seek=$((0x91023c))
  echo -ne '\xe3' | dd of="$HACKDIR"/usr/bin/avos conv=notrunc bs=1 seek=$((0x910663))
  echo -ne '\0\0\0\0\0\0' | dd of="$HACKDIR"/usr/bin/avos conv=notrunc bs=1 seek=$((0x9f5978))
  #apply binary edits to avos for user prefs opera changes
  #enable scrollbars x9f821a x9c5826 content portal?
  echo -ne '\x31' | dd of="$HACKDIR"/usr/bin/avos conv=notrunc bs=1 seek=$((0x9bec3d))
  echo -ne '\x31' | dd of="$HACKDIR"/usr/bin/avos conv=notrunc bs=1 seek=$((0x9c5826))
  echo -ne '\x31' | dd of="$HACKDIR"/usr/bin/avos conv=notrunc bs=1 seek=$((0x9f821a))
 fi

# check for (hacked) avos in /mnt/data and if present use it
if [ -f /mnt/data/avos ]; then 
  cp /mnt/data/avos "$HACKDIR"/usr/bin
  mv /mnt/data/avos /mnt/data/avosx
fi

# bind mount /usr/bin on $HACKDIR/usr/bin
if [ "`mount | sed -n '/usr\/bin/p'`x" = "x" ]; then
  mount -o bind "$HACKDIR"/usr/bin /usr/bin
fi

#restart sshd if appropriate
if [ -d /tmp/ssh ]; then /tmp/ssh/sshd -f /tmp/ssh/sshd_config; fi

# ensure we have a clean environmnet before restarting avos
unset SSH_CLIENT
unset SSH_CONNECTION
unset LOGNAME
unset MAIL
unset LANG
unset LC_ALL
unset OPERA_HOME
unset OPERA_DIR
unset FLASH_TMPDIR
export POS=0
export USER=root
export TERM=linux
export ROOT_PATH=/mnt/system
export PWD=/
export HOME=/
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/usr/lib
export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/opt/usr/bin:/opt/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin

/usr/bin/avos
/sbin/reboot
while true; do sleep 1; done

Maurice 8)

Return to “Open Development”