GFT3 (Stable v1.0) for archos605 wifi (Software Jailbreak)

Special Developer Edition Firmwares and Hacking on Archos 5 IT, 5/7 IMT, 605/705, with Android, ├àngstr├Âm and other Linux
molit85
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Re: GFT3 (Stable v1.0) for archos605 wifi (Software Jailbreak)

Post by molit85 »

Hi all! Hi divx and sideways
I am a newbie in Archos 605.
I have a few question:
The hack here can't apply for 605 4GB right?
So can I do anything for my 605 wifi 4GB ? Can I install Qtopia on it?
sideways
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by sideways »

molit85 wrote:Hi all! Hi divx and sideways
I am a newbie in Archos 605.
I have a few question:
The hack here can't apply for 605 4GB right?
So can I do anything for my 605 wifi 4GB ? Can I install Qtopia on it?
The hack works to run the root script hack.sh, but the plugins unlock only works on hard-disk models.

You can still run qtopia, and the NES emulator, and scribble, in fact I run qtopia using the GFT3 hack, and I added code to hack.sh to install it if openpma-ng.sh and openpma-ng.img exist in /mnt/data.

Try out the homebrew pack http://forum.archosfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=31786
molit85
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by molit85 »

THank u for the reply. I have more questions and hope u explain them for me
divx118 wrote: 8) Click on the little arrow in the left bottom corner to scroll down and click on Wireless File Server and then again on Enable File Server.
9) Go back to your PC and browse your network. You should see the archos share "Hack" click on it then click on the media folder so you can see the content of your archos device. (use username "Hack" password "1234" to access the share.)
10) After this shutdown the fileserver and completely shutdown your device. Restart your device. After the restart rename the jspluginsx to jsplugins in the filebrowser of your archos and open the dohack.html. Wait until the opera browser closes and your done.
Follow the guide, After step 9(browse the device "hack"), do nothing ???And i don't completely understand step 10.
After renamed jpulginsx-->jplugins(last step in the guide),I go to Portal page by icon at the main page of 605(I don't have plugin browser). After a moment, Opera close, but absolutely with that, the name jplugins was renamed automatically(while 605 still run) to jplugins, and wifi was disable. without that, nothing happen ....
I don't know what have to do after that?

Can u show me the guide more detail ?
And I really don't know the function of these file hack.sh, restartavos.sh
What is avos, hack the firmware 2.1.04 need avos ???
I searched for guide install Qtopia for 605 firmware 2.1.04 but i couldn't, it can be installed without the hack ???. Can u show me the topic that have the guide ?

sorry for my unknowledge and thank u much
sideways
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by sideways »

it looks like it worked, but you can't unlock the plugins on the 4G flash models, since the version of avos is incompatible. SO rename restartavos.sh to restartavos.shx so it never runs.

jsplugins gets renamed back to jspluginsx everytime you run the hack, this is clearly explained in post #1, it is necessary to do this so the hack is always available even after a reboot.

Now you need to run something interesting from hack.sh (currently it just starts the ssh server from arcwelder, which is only of use if you have an ssh client to connect from), which is why I suggested the homebrew pack.

For qtopia you need the image and install script, this old thread has links to the download site

http://forum.archosfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=11808

But I'm not answering questions about qtopia here, if you want to try it, copy openpma-ng.img and openpma-ng.sh to the top directory on the archos, install the homebrew pack and then when you activate the GFT3 hack it will install qtopia as a pdf file. I don't even know if the 4G flash models have enough space for qtopia, and it's such an old topic now that it should be considered as unsupported.

(Disable qtopia by renaming openpma-ng.sh to openpma-ng.shx, in GFT3 anything with an x on the end is disabled)
molit85
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by molit85 »

Thank u very much, i'' try it ^^
archosmaniac
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by archosmaniac »

Are there any straight-forward install instructions for this?
The instructions are hard to follow and don't seem to work.
molit85
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by molit85 »

archosmaniac wrote:Are there any straight-forward install instructions for this?
The instructions are hard to follow and don't seem to work.
Yes, it didn't work for me, how about you? U r using which model ?
I hope very much that someone could make Qtopia run on 605 4GB with firmware 2.1.04 :( i heard much about it and i desire to see it on my player
bmn
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Post by bmn »

hi i was wondering if the first post in this thread was still the easiest way to install the gft3 hack? or is there easier way??
divx118
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by divx118 »

bmn wrote:hi i was wondering if the first post in this thread was still the easiest way to install the gft3 hack? or is there easier way??
In the first post there is also a link to a post in this thread to install the hack in windows. http://forum.archosfans.com/viewtopic.p ... 00#p191400
You could try that.
The important thing is that you follow the guide (linux) in the first post or the one in my post (windows) to the letter. If you have any problems please write exactly down your steps and results, so that we can see where you go the wrong way.If you don't understand a step just ask and mention in detail the step and what you don't understand.
If however people just say it doesn't work, how should we then be able to troubleshoot.

Maurice 8)
bucky111
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Re: GFT3 (Stable v1.0) for archos605 wifi (Software Jailbrea

Post by bucky111 »

Ok I don't know if this will even apply to me but I have a question. I just received an archos 605 80GB. The original hard drive is dead but i have an extra 80GB that I can put in it. Can this jailbreak make the new hard drive work? If so, how exactly should I go about installing? If not, I think I will set it on fire and let it go out in a blaze of glory( no really I have red white and blue fireworks)

Thanks
CheBuzz
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by CheBuzz »

On gen5 (your 605) I'm pretty sure if the HDD dies without your device being jailbroken, you are out of luck. Although I'm always a fan of blowing things up, you might want to reconsider. Your device could be donated to openAOS so that we can look into the possibility of hardware hacks.

If you do decide to go the explosive route, at least make a video :)
solomon
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by solomon »

CheBuzz wrote:On gen5 (your 605) I'm pretty sure if the HDD dies without your device being jailbroken, you are out of luck.
Hmmm, I kinda thought that if you had the identical model drive it would work? or am I confusing this with another d*mn HDD-locked device?

I have a complete working (and GTF'd of course) 60GB unit I'd probably put up on a FS/FT board if we had one.

Richard
pandyBox
Archos User
Archos User

Post by pandyBox »

Surely the actual bootloader is not cracked, so the disk serial number has to match?

I thought the GFT3 made no difference. You can't swap a drive without clone internal serial code of old drive or edit bootloader? Otherwise there is no security.
160G 605 WiFi
Agent-Metalman
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by Agent-Metalman »

*EDIT*

Had questions bout the jailbreak but things went flawlessly.
So to re-enable the jailbreak every hard shut down i just rename jsplugins and run dohack?

Thanks again!
Homero713
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by Homero713 »

I followed the steps but I'm having a problem with this step 9) Go back to your PC and browse your network. You should see the archos share "Hack" click on it then click on the media folder so you can see the content of your archos device. (use username "Hack" password "1234" to access the share.). I see the archos on the network but I don't see the media folder. I'm running windows 7, how do I see the archos share media folder? Do I need to keep the archos connected to the usb cable through all the 10 steps.

Homero 713
divx118
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by divx118 »

@Agent-Metalman simple answer: yes.

@Homero713 The usb-cable connection is only needed when you transfer the files. When enabling the fileserver on the archos the usb cable should be disconnected. I tested it on windows 7, so that shouldn't be a problem. Be sure however that you do the steps 1,2 and 3 correctly so that the system.bin file is copied to your archos device. If you do this in normal usb-connection mode, the system.bin is write protected.
To check if the system.bin is correctly copied, you should see the name hack in the settings of the fileserver when you do step 8.

Maurice 8)
Agent-Metalman
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by Agent-Metalman »

This was alot easier than it should have been haha, how come no one figured this out before I dropped 60 bucks on the basic type of plugins
iojanan
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by iojanan »

Hello, i have a problem with step number 9 inasmuch I cannot find in my computer the archos, I am currently using windows 7. Awaiting for a reply at your earliest convience
iojanan
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by iojanan »

Hi.
My proble is that I'm doing the step number 8 but in the step number 9 I can't find in my computer the archos can someone explain me where can I find the archos to continue whit the jealbreak step 9.
So my proble is that I don't know how to find my archos in the pc.
I'm using windows 7.
Thank you very much
Arkyconsigliere
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by Arkyconsigliere »

cheer!

is there any way to use your software hacking on archos 605 wifi 4G flash model to unlock all plugins, but i have no web plug-in??? i've got no skils with hex editir, but i do my best to execute all your instruction.

Return to “Open Development”