GFT3 (Stable v1.0) for archos605 wifi (Software Jailbreak)

Special Developer Edition Firmwares and Hacking on Archos 5 IT, 5/7 IMT, 605/705, with Android, ├àngstr├Âm and other Linux
sideways
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Re: GFT3 (Stable v1.0) for archos605 wifi (Software Jailbreak)

Post by sideways »

ZackaryMac wrote:I'm looking at buying a 704wifi. Any thoughts on this magic working on the 704?
probably not, since the content portal was only introduced on the X05 models.

(GFT or GFT2 should work, but you need a wifi connection to activate them after each reboot)
iojanan
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by iojanan »

hello I wonder if I can do the hack with a mac computer?
thank you very much and congratulations on a job.
sideways
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by sideways »

iojanan wrote:hello I wonder if I can do the hack with a mac computer?
thank you very much and congratulations on a job.
If you have a minidock + usb stick you can set it up following the guide here http://forum.archosfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=29384

I assume the latest mac osx has the relevant linux commands.

The symlink trick used to get access to the hidden partition is the best method (and not previously known afaik), but if you haven't got a dock, then you need GFT2 and wifi access to set it up. I don't see why the mac would be much different to windows or linux for applying GFT2.

(If you have 1.7.13 firmware then use the moldy cheese hack instead)
iojanan
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by iojanan »

hi i have version 2.1.04, with the browser plugin,I have no minidock,I can not do that part of the root access via SSH, when I have a mac and I find no other way to do what I do not think be difference between mac and linux,thank you very much indeed.
divx118
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by divx118 »

iojanan wrote:hi i have version 2.1.04, with the browser plugin,I have no minidock,I can not do that part of the root access via SSH, when I have a mac and I find no other way to do what I do not think be difference between mac and linux,thank you very much indeed.
You could try the windows way on your mac you can find the instructions here
You can also try to make a bootable usb-stick/cd-rom with linux or create a virtual environment for linux and follow the original guide.

Maurice 8)
nrbrtx
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by nrbrtx »

Hello, guys!
I have Archos 605 WiFi 4Gb (flash, A605F) with 2.1.04 firmware.
With GFT3 hack:
{
System.bin from http://www.timara.nl/System.bin(http://forum.archosfans.com/viewtopic.p ... 80#p191780, GFT3 from 1st post - http://www.jbg.f2s.com/archos605/gft3_v1.0.zip without ARCwelder
Renamed jspluginsx to jsplugins, enabled wi-fi, opened dohack.html, clicked Buy Now on Web Browser Plugin pop-up, Opera started, device reseted with patched avos
}) in Firmware and Plugins I have: Cinema, Video Podcast, Web Browser, Streaming & Flash, DishNet, RealVideo, Web TV & Radio, Screen, C
but when I try to enable Wi-Fi, I get the error "WiFi error. Press any button to continue.".

What things I tested:
  • Wi-Fi - aforementioned error;
    Opera - working locally;
    USB - is not working;
    USB-host - works;
    SD - is not working;
    AC3-file - not playing, no response from device;
    DVD-VOB-file - not playing, no response from device.

LCD - sometimes get darker colors after resuming after suspend;
    Files - unable to copy files from internal flash to USB-host's flash (Action aborted! Error: accessing the media failed.) and from /mnt/system to internal flash (files are truncated to 0)
Any ideas? May be extra editing of restartavos.sh is need? Do you need more info?
mr_nobody
Archos User
Archos User

Post by mr_nobody »

I'm curious where you got a patched avos for the 605f since afaik, no one has patched it yet?
nrbrtx
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by nrbrtx »

@mr_nobody:
It is patched every time when I run dohack.html, which runs restartavos.sh. Device runs original avos after shutdown.
I have missed something?
mr_nobody
Archos User
Archos User

Post by mr_nobody »

No, I'm asking where you got the patched avos for the 605f since I did not think one existed...
nrbrtx
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by nrbrtx »

For "device reseted with patched avos" I mean that binary edits was applied by restartavos.sh script from GFT3, nothing else :?
sideways
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by sideways »

the plugins unlock only works for harddisk 605 models, no one has produced a hacked avos for the 605f flash models.

You can still run root scripts eg you can run the nes emulator (see the recent thread) but you should rename restartavos.sh to restartavos.shx so it does not run.

The binary edits are applied to avos the first time you run the hack, but to activate the hacked avos you must run GFT3 after each reboot by renaming jspluginsx to jsplugins and opening dohack.html, the hacked avos is from archilles moldy cheese hack and only works on hard disk 605 models.
mr_nobody
Archos User
Archos User

Post by mr_nobody »

But it sounds to me like the plugins are unlocked...at least his firmware screen says so. Is it possible the same binary edits apply to the 2.1.04 flash avos as the hard disk one? Seems unlikely but otherwise why would his plugins show that way?

In any case, there are some edits you should make to get the 605f to restart cleanly/have working wifi which are higher up in this thread in terms of loading/unloading different modules. Take a look at that and let us know if you have any luck.
nrbrtx
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by nrbrtx »

Can I do someting like "lsmod > /mnt/data/mods.log" from restartavos.sh or hack.sh? I discovered that /proc filesystem is available via symlink, like mnt_system.
Opera plugin is working (but locally), other plugins reported as enabled in Firmware and Plugins tab.
I'm working to overcome these difficulties... I'll inform all of you about any success.
mr_nobody
Archos User
Archos User

Post by mr_nobody »

That might work, but for starters I would try making the module changes mentioned at the top of page 5 of this thread and see how that works.
sideways
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by sideways »

it looks like the plugins are unlocked because you are running the hacked version of avos for hard disk models, but the problem is that the avos for hard disk models is different to the avos for flash models, so if you try to run this avos on flash models it's unlikely to work, there are bound to be too many differences in functionality.

in fact it may possibly be harmful to run this avos on flash models.

when I do the check in the restartavos.sh script I only check the firmware version number is 2.1.04 I should also have checked the model is not 605f.

Moldy Cheese or GFT3 won't unlock plugins on flash models.

For that someone has to do what archilles did and use something like idapro on the flash avos binary to disassemble it and find where to apply edits to unlock the plugins. Perhaps you could pm him and ask for help, grond has also done this, but is probably unwilling to assist since he thinks it's naughty.
sideways
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by sideways »

just to clarify something:

If you put a version of avos in /mnt/data then that is used by restartavos.sh, so I assume nrbrtx put the hacked moldy cheese avos in there, if not then I would be very surprised if avos even restarts cleanly.

If there is no avos in /mnt/data then restartavos.sh checks your firmware version, and if it is 2.1.04 it does the binary edits to modify your avos and unlock the plugins, if it is not 2.1.04 then it just restarts with the existing avos.

So can nrbrtx clarify if he copied moldy cheese avos to /mnt/data?
MauS
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by MauS »

quick question: is it possible to use this hack and unlock the plugins without having issues?
Will the player work at 100% or there is any bug? Will I have problems with battery dock and Usb host/video output?

I didn't understand the part regarding Opera. What happens if I don't have the Opera plugins?

Thanks!

P.s. it's a great work!
Bauer
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by Bauer »

Is there a way to use the GTF3 approach to replace the "libflashplayer.so" (the old dated adobe flash player plugin from opera mobile) with a new version? Maybe we can use a version compiled for a mobile phone like the ones from nokia. Someone knows if this is possible? Any information? I'm willing to try to do the job.
sideways
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by sideways »

Bauer wrote:Is there a way to use the GTF3 approach to replace the "libflashplayer.so" (the old dated adobe flash player plugin from opera mobile) with a new version? Maybe we can use a version compiled for a mobile phone like the ones from nokia. Someone knows if this is possible? Any information? I'm willing to try to do the job.
I don't think so, I tried replacing the opera "libflashplayer.so" (v9) in /usr/opera/opera_dir/plugins/ with the visiware one (v7) in /opt/visiware/ and even that didn't work, so not much chance of getting versions built for nokia etc working. (I also tried the flashlite.so from the gen6 firmware, but again no luck)

However, with the podcast plugin you can just download youtube h264 videos etc and play them locally, see http://tinyurl.com/ydqeclf
sideways
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by sideways »

MauS wrote:quick question: is it possible to use this hack and unlock the plugins without having issues?
Will the player work at 100% or there is any bug? Will I have problems with battery dock and Usb host/video output?

I didn't understand the part regarding Opera. What happens if I don't have the Opera plugins?

Thanks!

P.s. it's a great work!
I don't have any issues.

This is a software hack so does not permanently change anything, you can always uninstall the hack.

If you don't have opera then you have to open the content portal to activate the hack, which requires access to a wifi point.

The hack has to be activated after each reboot, so if you don't have opera you'll need wifi access each time you want to activate it, otherwise it's a 5 sec job.

Return to “Open Development”