Whats next, Archilles?

Special Developer Edition Firmwares and Hacking on Archos 5 IT, 5/7 IMT, 605/705, with Android, ├àngstr├Âm and other Linux
mrdoc
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Whats next, Archilles?

Post by mrdoc »

Now that u have shown twice that u r more capable than archos itself, it would be interesting to know what would be ur next target?
Any hope for >1.7.13 605wifi users?
Last edited by mrdoc on Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
vegeta_ban
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Re: Whats next, Archillis?

Post by vegeta_ban »

:shock: i haven't been on here lately and i see that this is all going down... Cool thanks for the work, wish archos would jus' unlock the stuff for the consumers since they gave up on their product... If 605 higher than 1.7.xxxx. whatever it is that can't be downgraded is jailbroke or hacked, how hard would it be for a complete moron, like my self, to install flac on the device, and maybe get it to record in flac through the recorder it already has...

I appreciate the work you are doing, and i hope i can help somehow with the flac support, doubt it as i am a computer moron

thanks
generic_username
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Post by generic_username »

not feasible yet. but.

that being said, ive seen more activity on the 605 in the last couple months than at any particular time since it was released. i wouldn't rule out the possibility.
hurrycanger
Archos User
Archos User

Post by hurrycanger »

vegeta_ban wrote::shock: i haven't been on here lately and i see that this is all going down... Cool thanks for the work, wish archos would jus' unlock the stuff for the consumers since they gave up on their product... If 605 higher than 1.7.xxxx. whatever it is that can't be downgraded is jailbroke or hacked, how hard would it be for a complete moron, like my self, to install flac on the device, and maybe get it to record in flac through the recorder it already has...

I appreciate the work you are doing, and i hope i can help somehow with the flac support, doubt it as i am a computer moron

thanks
If they cannot eat it, they'll just throw it away. Their ultimate purpose is to deceive their customers. :evil:
archilles
Archos User
Archos User

Post by archilles »

i haven't forgotten about 605s > 1.7.13. but the time must be right, and certain things must happen first. but rest assured, your day will come!
mrdoc
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by mrdoc »

archilles wrote:i haven't forgotten about 605s > 1.7.13. but the time must be right, and certain things must happen first. but rest assured, your day will come!
greattttt..

heartening to hear.. any ideas about when??
generic_username
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Re: Whats next, Archilles?

Post by generic_username »

don't know if archos has flash locked the most current generation of device, but i think they're scrrrr'd.

maybe once they flip the switch he lets the cat outa tha bag? maybe the exploits for the current and the past gen are totally different. all i know is this guy puts his code where his mouth is. :) thanks buddy.

(and beyond that, for those of us learning to program and aspiring to reverse he even teaches us along the way. hellofaguy. :D and i think at least on the one i looked at he provided full source! i dont think even ipod dev team does that)

Return to “Open Development”