Need Help:someone with data in 605 tvguide.working on kludge

Special Developer Edition Firmwares and Hacking on Archos 5 IT, 5/7 IMT, 605/705, with Android, ├àngstr├Âm and other Linux
generic_username
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Need Help:someone with data in 605 tvguide.working on kludge

Post by generic_username »

I've been poking around trying to find a way to get new tv guide data into the 605 wifi (i don't know about you guys, but I for one can't even find a way to pay archos to make this work again--i would).

anyway. heres what ive found so far:

if you navigate to /media/A605/System (on a ubuntu system)

there are essentially three files that make the channels and shows appear (afaik, ill get to that):

epgdata.hds
stationdata.hds
and
providerlib.hds

I need a copy of these three files from someone who has tv time and show information filled in! Hope someone is still able to get this data from archos or has an old device whos date hasnt been changed and tried to update.

I have been able to arbitrarily change tv station names using GHEX and have been able to move these files from one archos to another-- what i'm not sure about is how we can make a general purpose hack with the need for a local provider list (providerlib.hds -- without this file the archos seems to forget channel data after uploading it) or if there is a better way to be editing this type of file? (breif google says hierarchal data something but i couldnt find a quick solution and ghex seemed to work ok?)

If someone has these files with all the information(and it is all stored in plain text) perhaps we can find a way to combine a webscraper and a hexeditor to make our own tvguide update :D

(maybe someone thats done more of the source reading or hacking could provide some insight here?)
generic_username
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Re: Need Help:someone with data in 605 tvguide.working on kludge

Post by generic_username »

breif update:

still waiting for someone with EPG data! please post to this thread, pm or email(i will be happy to supply if needed)

have started experimenting with the recording scheduling as a bypass to the tv guide part

there are afaik two relevant files for tvrecording scheduling in the /System/ folder on the 605:

DVRTimer.dat
and
epgdata.hds

there are up to a maximum of 20 set timers to record

the program titles can easily be manipulated using a program such as ghex or winhex

one of the files (i forget which at the moment) appear to be a fixed length binary with each of the 20 recordings occurring at a predictable offset

there seem to be about 22 bytes for each program item, though the values such as time and date are not stored in plain text so i haven't tried/started decoding them yet (also the test case i was using did not have a tv channel name, so i don't know if thats significant)

heres what i think:

with a bit of decoding we could make a simple binary patcher that would allow you to add items to the dvrtimer from the computer, or with a bit of help from some of the more experienced coders(on how to access 605 post moldy cheese) on here maybe even something that would let you ssh new recordings over wifi or something

Return to “Open Development”