An ultimatum for archos

Special Developer Edition Firmwares and Hacking on Archos 5 IT, 5/7 IMT, 605/705, with Android, ├àngstr├Âm and other Linux
doesnotcompute
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Re: An ultimatum for archos

Post by doesnotcompute »

kooljoe951 wrote:Am i missing something or has it still not been released?!?
you're missing something. The jailbreak has been released, and is available in the hacking forum.
archilles
Archos User
Archos User

Post by archilles »

stay tuned. exciting things are yet to come.
mrdoc
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by mrdoc »

archilles wrote:stay tuned. exciting things are yet to come.
exciting words to hear from great man!!
rusty
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by rusty »

Any chance that the 4gb a605f model has been tackled yet?
rusty
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by rusty »

Any chance that someone can explain how to use BrickMaker, perhaps a 'step by step' to read the flash of the a605f so the moldy cheese can be modified for it? How about a read out of mtab through qtopia? Does that help at all?
archilles
Archos User
Archos User

Post by archilles »

well done archos. congratulations on beginning to take back some reputation. the release of the developer edition for the archos gen6 is a step in the right direction.

true to my word, i will cease to release hacks, for now. but i will keep watching you, and i do have some more hacks at my disposal. but take care of your customers and you won't have to worry about me.

ps - take care of those gen4 and gen5 owners, won't you?
polarrich
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by polarrich »

wELL DONE AND GREAT KUDOS TO YOU ARCHILLES FOR YOUR STERLING WORK ON YOUR HACKS. i AM PRETTY SURE THAT WITHOUT YOUR EFFORTS THEN ARCHOS WOULDN'T HAVE DONE A THING.
There are a lot of sychophants and Archos apologists out there who will be clapping and praising Archos to the hilt without knowing that it was your efforts and courage in releasing your hacks that kickstarted the whole process.
How disheartening it was to read about all the other groups who bragged about the fact that they could do it blah blah blah but were so far up Archos's ass they couldn't see the monsters for what they were. I think it is probably fair that it was YOU and not them that forced Archos's hand so when these other sychophantic apologists dont give credit where it is due, then just KNOW that people are thanking you and not them!

Thank you Archilles and thank you also to Archos for not being too proud to practically admit they were bar stewards for the last 6 months!
my02vr6
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by my02vr6 »

Yes, thanks archilles =D>

I look forward to the new software that will be available now that the Archos is opened up.
A7-160gb/A7o-8gb
Sychophantom
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by Sychophantom »

Only the models they still sell are being supported. Those who have gen 5 or gen 4 are out in the cold.
nokiae50
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by nokiae50 »

archilles wrote:well done archos. congratulations on beginning to take back some reputation. the release of the developer edition for the archos gen6 is a step in the right direction.

true to my word, i will cease to release hacks, for now. but i will keep watching you, and i do have some more hacks at my disposal. but take care of your customers and you won't have to worry about me.

ps - take care of those gen4 and gen5 owners, won't you?
Thank you Archos for the dev firmware for gen 6. What about gen4 and gen 5????
I own an Archos 5, and Archos 604wifi, hope you will release dev firmware for gen 4 and gen 5 or else archilles will be back with his hacks for the older versions.
Anyways thanx Archilles you have made it possible!!!! Great work!!! :)
openAOS ROCKS!!
infotba
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by infotba »

I bought two plug-in ( Internet browser and web tv-radio plug-in).
I dont want to buy anymore.
Please help us for Gen5 ( 6054 wifi )
Regards.
generic_username
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Post by generic_username »

@infotba

see: http://forum.archosfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=27618

the responsible boot code has been identified, however there is need to create a few files with modified checks and risk bricking an archos 4g for more progress to be made afaik
archilles
Archos User
Archos User

Post by archilles »

i may have not been around much but don't think you have gotten rid of me archos.

releasing the sde for gen 6 was a first step. but you have newer devices and old customers you have abandoned. an sde for gen 7 as well as one for gen 5 is expected.

you probably didn't like moldy cheese, but that's the price you pay for abandoning your customers. keep doing it and i will be back with more. and trust me you really won't like it.
vl4doman
Archos User
Archos User

Post by vl4doman »

archilles wrote:i may have not been around much but don't think you have gotten rid of me archos.

releasing the sde for gen 6 was a first step. but you have newer devices and old customers you have abandoned. an sde for gen 7 as well as one for gen 5 is expected.

you probably didn't like moldy cheese, but that's the price you pay for abandoning your customers. keep doing it and i will be back with more. and trust me you really won't like it.
lol, you made my day, I bet they are trembling with fear over in dat cheese factory...
zac68
Archos User
Archos User

Post by zac68 »

Well said =D> =D> =D>
Styler
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by Styler »

archilles! Excellent news, thanks! All hope for you!
I want to work with plug-ins after reboot or replace the operating system.
Archos does not make any steps for a605 SDK, and we haven't support...
archilles
Archos User
Archos User

Post by archilles »

that's 2 down and 1 to go. well done on making the right choice archos. even if it was for the wrong reasons.

but there is still gen 5. i'll wait patiently for a month or two. that is more than enough time to do it. but if you fail in this, i'll be back.
nokiae50
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by nokiae50 »

archilles wrote:that's 2 down and 1 to go. well done on making the right choice archos. even if it was for the wrong reasons.

but there is still gen 5. i'll wait patiently for a month or two. that is more than enough time to do it. but if you fail in this, i'll be back.
You are one of the persons who has helped Archos to be back in the game. Now looks like Apple is going down!!! Great work Archilles :)
openAOS ROCKS!!
grond
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by grond »

archilles wrote:but there is still gen 5. i'll wait patiently for a month or two. that is more than enough time to do it. but if you fail in this, i'll be back.
With what? Gen5 is already hacked and all plugins freed. What else would there be?

BTW, Archos hasn't published the SDE because they trembled with fear from you but rather for tax reasons.
openAOS
Sychophantom
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by Sychophantom »

grond wrote:
archilles wrote:but there is still gen 5. i'll wait patiently for a month or two. that is more than enough time to do it. but if you fail in this, i'll be back.
With what? Gen5 is already hacked and all plugins freed. What else would there be?

BTW, Archos hasn't published the SDE because they trembled with fear from you but rather for tax reasons.
I'd like the removal of the HDD lock. I don't see it happening, but I'd like it.

Return to “Open Development”