So, in order to use Opera Widgets...

For the 605 WiFi, 705 WiFi and the TV+
Asauna
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

So, in order to use Opera Widgets...

Post by Asauna »

Okay, I've gone through some pages and have tried this and that. But no matter what, I can't get the Opera Widgets to work. When I download them, (I have used Google Chrome, IE, Firefox and Opera) the download file is .wgt and not a .zip. I've even gone to try and zip the file myself, only to realize all I'd done was shove the widget into a .zip folder. Not actually break it down to components.

Anyone have any tips?
rockland300m
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Re: So, in order to use Opera Widgets...

Post by rockland300m »

Just rename the file with ".zip" Don't include the quotations. This worked for me.
Asauna
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by Asauna »

Ah, this didn't work. It just changed the name. I'm using Vista, so sometimes the change doesn't occur. :/
345742D
Archos User
Archos User

Post by 345742D »

do you have "hide known extensions" checked in your folder options? if you do, uncheck it...
Asauna
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by Asauna »

Okay, well, that worked. Thanks. :)

But..

I turned the Archos on and went to the Files option. I went to the widgets area first, but because I have yet to buy the internet browser, it told me to go bug off. So I went to the widgets file, and it still saw the widgets as foreign file types.
CharlieH
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by CharlieH »

I'm having the same problem. On the widgets page of my archos 5 250GB I click on "get new widgets", which brings me to the opera widgets website. I locate a widget, click on install, and it gets downloaded as a .wgt file in a widgets folder on the archos. When I click on this file it says that it's not a recognized file type and will not play. Tried the zip fix, but then said file was corrupted. Can anyone help?
The Mongoose
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by The Mongoose »

Hey,

Was having the exact same problem but found the solution. You do have to rename the WGT files as zip, but you also must remove any extra "." in the file name. Most widgets come with a verion (widget_2009_1.12.wgt). The extra . screws up the Archos file system and makes the unit think it's a ".12.wgt" file instread of a .wgt.

So rename the above example "widget_2009.zip" and it will work. I do find that doing this on the archos can cause a corrupt file error, so do it on your pc and then upload the renamed file to the Archos.

Good luck!

Return to “Widgets and Games”