No Google Chrome for Android?!

These topics will not be moderated (only spam is deleted)
Percept
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

No Google Chrome for Android?!

Post by Percept »

The first thing I wanted to install was Google Chrome because it's the best browser around ... I looked high and low and can't find Google Chrome for Android ... I was stunned. The default browser is a serious pain to work with (I want to have tabs instead of new windows and I want to be able to switch fast between them.) Firefox has tabs but doesn't work as fast as I'm used to from Chrome on my netbook ... I still can't believe Google hasn't released a Chrome browser for their own OS!
bsoplinger
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Re: No Google Chrome for Android?!

Post by bsoplinger »

I too was surprised by that. I've since found Dolphin HD which I feel is a much better choice. Since they are a mobile/android only developer they've done a very good job of not implementing features that are great on a desktop but don't work well or are too resource hungry for a mobile phone. There is a plug-in that syncs Google Chrome bookmarks. Look for chrome to phone to find it in the android market.
my02vr6
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by my02vr6 »

I too love Dolphin HD, but have not heard of chrome to phone, I will def check it out.
A7-160gb/A7o-8gb
MisterTickle
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by MisterTickle »

Awkward. Google, developer of Android Market, forgot/ did not put their own browser in their own marketplace ? I use Opera so doesn't affect me.
jiyong
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Post by jiyong »

We still have to wait for ICS, but the beta for Crome has been released for selected countries. http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/02/07 ... right-now/

Return to “Off-topic”