New review of Archos 5 posted on Tech review online

These topics will not be moderated (only spam is deleted)
perrin21
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

New review of Archos 5 posted on Tech review online

Post by perrin21 »

New Review posted here on Archos 5 IT
www.techreviewonline.co.uk
tiny.cc/68BQe
Archos5Fan
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Re: New review of Archos 5 posted on Tech review online

Post by Archos5Fan »

Great review! Thank you for your hard work. Keep it up, please!
perrin21
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by perrin21 »

Charbax wrote:Subject: New review of Archos 5 posted on Tech review online

perrin21 wrote:New Review posted here on Archos 5 IT
http://www.techreviewonline.co.uk

Do not spam the forum with 21 links to your site.

That you have changed opinion on Archos to be positive from being a total constant troll, that's good on you.

But seriously, calm down a little, you submitted a few videos to Archos firmware engineers, big deal. Videos that you encoded like a total video encoding newbie on a mac handbrake with the wrong video encoding settings (and that you still won't admit are BADLY encoded).

So, it's good Archos are fixing certain H264 SD video playback issues, even perhaps manga videos or whatever. But I think they should have more important issues than fixing perrin21's video playback. Such as improving the H264 HD bitrate support, fixing certain Youtube HD audio synchronization, and doing the 1.6 upgrade with full Marketplace support.

hmmm, i guess Charbax doesnt appreciate the effort i have made. Just found this in my inbox. It most certainly wasnt a 5 minute job Charbax, in fact i have spent countless hours/days uploading, creating web (website for archos testing) resources of information that wont play on the device (youtube videos), managing the endless lists of reported bugs and prioritising things (spreadsheets) into order of importance. Then the constant wiping of my device to install new firmware and test it thoroughly so that you wouldnt get as many issues. Also i RMA'd my own personal device so that others could have the Drive Error issue fixed for them (this is now reported as working) . Charbax you are a fool, and an unappreciative one at that. And there isnt 21 links to my site, there is a few but the content is relevant to every user here. Or are you Censoring that too? And constant troll? I built most of your Archos 5 IT wiki you ungreatful Ars£. and have had to take things into my own hands because you keep telling people its acceptable to be still in beta.
Last edited by perrin21 on Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tiny.cc/68BQe
ALooneyGuy
Archos User
Archos User

Post by ALooneyGuy »

Wow, what a tool. The videos you submitted were from a variety of sources, and at least some of them played flawlessly on previous generation devices. I believe Archos' small but loyal following appreciates at least being able to play videos they were able to play on their old devices. I agree that the other points Charbax made need to be addressed, but for him to try and minimize what you've been able to accomplish because you've started your own forum is pure pettiness.

perrin21 wrote:
Charbax wrote:Subject: New review of Archos 5 posted on Tech review online

perrin21 wrote:New Review posted here on Archos 5 IT
http://www.techreviewonline.co.uk

Do not spam the forum with 21 links to your site.

That you have changed opinion on Archos to be positive from being a total constant troll, that's good on you.

But seriously, calm down a little, you submitted a few videos to Archos firmware engineers, big deal. Videos that you encoded like a total video encoding newbie on a mac handbrake with the wrong video encoding settings (and that you still won't admit are BADLY encoded).

So, it's good Archos are fixing certain H264 SD video playback issues, even perhaps manga videos or whatever. But I think they should have more important issues than fixing perrin21's video playback. Such as improving the H264 HD bitrate support, fixing certain Youtube HD audio synchronization, and doing the 1.6 upgrade with full Marketplace support.

hmmm, i guess Charbax doesnt appreciate the effort i have made. Just found this in my inbox. It most certainly wasnt a 5 minute job Charbax, in fact i have spent countless hours/days uploading, creating web (website for archos testing) resources of information that wont play on the device (youtube videos), managing the endless lists of reported bugs and prioritising things (spreadsheets) into order of importance. Then the constant wiping of my device to install new firmware and test it thoroughly so that you wouldnt get as many issues. Also i RMA'd my own personal device so that others could have the Drive Error issue fixed for them (this is now reported as working) . Charbax you are a fool, and an unappreciative one at that. And there isnt 21 links to my site, there is a few but the content is relevant to every user here. Or are you Censoring that too?
perrin21
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by perrin21 »

what makes me mad is that he makes me out like im some kind of Archos fanboy, im most certainly not. let me make that very clear. I am a technology that works and does what its advertised to do fanboy. I am also a community person and i believe that perople should have the freedom of choice and not be made to feel uncomfortable if they have a different opinion on a product to the admin for whatever reason. I tried to make my review balanced, despite all the work i have put into the release and unpaid time i have given. I told Archos the firmware wasnt ready yet and they jumped the gun on the release. Nothing me or my contact could do unfortunately. I do believe that it needed a few weeks more testing as most of the issues people are finding, youtube (some videos still dont work) etc have been on my list for weeks and were slowly being ticked off it. ](*,)
tiny.cc/68BQe
Gabriel1964
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by Gabriel1964 »

Thanks for all your efforts and hard work to get the Archos 5IT improved. It is appreciated even if not by some fools.
jcelano
Archos User
Archos User

Post by jcelano »

I just registered to state that if anyone is a fanboy, it is Charbax; for him to send you an email like that is hypocritical at best and stupid at least.

Charbax, as you're so big on info:
WHEN is Android 1.6 or 2.0 coming out for the A5A?

You keep saying that it IS yet you offer nothing other than your "word" as proof.... You've already been shown to go off half-cocked with your "MARKETPLACE IN DAYS" thread so why not address this issue as well?
Charbax
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Charbax »

jcelano wrote:I just registered to state that if anyone is a fanboy, it is Charbax

Yeah, and who are you?

Some anonymous first poster username is not worth much in terms of telling who's the biggest fanboy and who's the biggest troll among hundreds of thousands of posts and more than 4 years of forum discussions.

I deleted 12 spam posts by perrin21 that he had posted in a whole bunch of threads. And this thread is mocved to off topic because it has gone off topic.

If you want to post a direct link to your review or anything useful and interesting on your site then fine. Just don't spam your homepage a dozen times.

If you spend hours and days submitting spreadsheets of buggy video links to Archos, this is great. I wouldn't have the time to do that and I am sure the Archos employees are busy enough to have to read through hundreds of posts and threads to find the relevant bug reports. That's why users can collaborate to try to present the main reproducible bugs in a bug report wiki page.

Return to “Off-topic”