Why are so many people such fing pricks?

These topics will not be moderated (only spam is deleted)
Junior
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Why are so many people such fing pricks?

Post by Junior »

My father died two weeks ago. My fiance passed away today. And too many of the people around me were mostly concerned about how this benefit them in some away. I really tried to delude myself this wasnt the way they were really thinking but...I was just deluding myself. I really hope that my family is the exception to the rule.
swec
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Re: Why are so many people such fing pricks?

Post by swec »

omg! how did that happen? that's so very sad. Didn't notice that you are a girl. How did your fiance pass away? 2 weeks after your father?

how would anyone benefit from their death? are you talking about things they left behind?

I felt deeply sorry for you and hope you will come out of this soon.
605x2,TV+,5x2
Junior
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by Junior »

Im not a girl. Guys can have fiance's too you know. :) Uh, yeah two weeks to the day after my dad died. She was sick for a very long time. Lately more than usual. She was vomiting and having bowel issues all last week but got really bad on friday. I just thought it was going to be couple of days in and she would be out. She was declining pretty much all the time she was in the hospital. They kept pumping full of i.v. fluids and her kidney just shut down. After that her blood turned septic. They had to keep her blood pressure up using meds. There was no chance of her coming through this.She wasnt even cognitive at that point. She had an advance directive and did have a dnr on file so they asked me what I wanted to do. I told them to make her as comfortable as possible and to take off the blood pressure medicine. The only people that were there was me, her mom and sister. A minute or so after they stopped her blood pressure medicine she opened her eyes and turned to look at me and then closed them and went to sleep. It was the same look she gave me right before her kidney transplant. She was just so happy that I was there. I did everything she wanted me to do when this happened. She really had a rough life since birth. They werent even expecting her to live past the age of three with all her medical problems. And she probably wouldnt have lasted this long if it wasnt for me. I dont know if she is happy or mad about that though. :lol: We have been together now for over 12 years. I know I should be happy that she isnt suffering anymore but...I keep expecting her to come down the hall and yell at me for something. I dont think I ever felt so alone as I do now. Yeah, I have my friends and family but it isnt the same.
swec
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by swec »

oops, sorry I got confused somehow. :p

^ you have my tear. I feel sorry for you and for that I will make sure I treasure the one I have more.

I hope she can rest in peace now. Do you mind me asking how old you are?
605x2,TV+,5x2
Redneck
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by Redneck »

wow.........just wow. you have my full sympathy and may you fiancee rest in peace.

i think where the mix upwas in genders is (if i remember right) a male is fiance where the female is fiancee. two Es.
MY SIGNATURE
Junior
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by Junior »

ecsw wrote:oops, sorry I got confused somehow. :p

^ you have my tear. I feel sorry for you and for that I will make sure I treasure the one I have more.

Im 37, uh I think. My birth certificate says 1972. But my baptism says 1973, and my passport says 74. So im either 35, 36, or 37. :lol: Erica was 33. I just came back from one of her memorial ceremonies. I drove back with her sister. Right when we got home she asked me what I would be doing with Erica's electronics. She had a laptop, hdtv, several mp3 players, etc, etc. Didnt wait long to ask for that stuff, did she? Friggin vultures. Thank God she left all that stuff to me or else this could have been a lot worse. Honestly, your sibling just dies and all you can think of is what I can get of her stuff?
PolloLoco
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by PolloLoco »

Man, I'm really sorry to hear this story Junior. My thoughts are with you, God bless.
swec
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by swec »

Junior wrote:

Im 37, uh I think. My birth certificate says 1972. But my baptism says 1973, and my passport says 74. So im either 35, 36, or 37. :lol: Erica was 33. I just came back from one of her memorial ceremonies. I drove back with her sister. Right when we got home she asked me what I would be doing with Erica's electronics. She had a laptop, hdtv, several mp3 players, etc, etc. Didnt wait long to ask for that stuff, did she? Friggin vultures. Thank God she left all that stuff to me or else this could have been a lot worse. Honestly, your sibling just dies and all you can think of is what I can get of her stuff?
wow, can't believe we are so close in age.....
I hope you are ok, man.... I can't imaging if I am in your shoes...
605x2,TV+,5x2
Junior
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by Junior »

ecsw wrote:
Junior wrote:

wow, can't believe we are so close in age.....
I hope you are ok, man.... I can't imaging if I am in your shoes...
I wouldnt wish what I have been going through on anyone. Its bad enough to deal with the deaths but its even worse with all the shit that I shouldnt have deal with. Is it just my family or all people like this? I know you hear about on tv all the time but I thought that shit was the exception to the rule.
swec
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by swec »

^ nah. With our age in life, I think we are starting to see/meet a lot more strange/dump ppl just like that.
Not sure about you, but I can often know what they are going to say/do just from their facial expression.
605x2,TV+,5x2
Junior
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by Junior »

Man, I cant believe I have to move back into my parents house. F**k. Well, technically its my house since they didnt have the credit to buy it. And of course they didnt listen to me when I told them they couldnt afford it and they would get screwed when the ARM reset. Fucking up my credit along the way. Man, do I need a drink now. Well, at least people will get their hard drive faster when I move back to Chicago.
swec
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by swec »

Junior wrote:Man, I cant believe I have to move back into my parents house. F**k. Well, technically its my house since they didnt have the credit to buy it. And of course they didnt listen to me when I told them they couldnt afford it and they would get screwed when the ARM reset. Fucking up my credit along the way. Man, do I need a drink now. Well, at least people will get their hard drive faster when I move back to Chicago.
lol. I will buy u a drink if you are in my neighborhood for sure. :)
605x2,TV+,5x2
Junior
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by Junior »

ecsw wrote:
Junior wrote:Man, I cant believe I have to move back into my parents house. F**k. Well, technically its my house since they didnt have the credit to buy it. And of course they didnt listen to me when I told them they couldnt afford it and they would get screwed when the ARM reset. Fucking up my credit along the way. Man, do I need a drink now. Well, at least people will get their hard drive faster when I move back to Chicago.
I thought you lived in Toronto?
smegs
Archos User
Archos User

Post by smegs »

Just got wind of this Junior, so SORRY to hear this. :shock:

Not too sure what to say :( :( :(

I hope you & your family are ok.

Take care.

Shaun.
605 160Gb & 80Gb
swec
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by swec »

Junior wrote:
ecsw wrote:
I thought you lived in Toronto?
nah, I think you confused me with ebay guy. :p

i am from west coast, where 2010 Olympic is hosted. :)
605x2,TV+,5x2
goldenhopper
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Post by goldenhopper »

Very sorry to hear that and so sorry you lost loved ones. I too have seen relatives clean out houses of passed on relatives for everything they could get their greedy hands on. This is why I asked my mother for a couple of keepsakes that are really only of sentimental value as gifts while she is healthy. I just know that at least one of my siblings is the type to grab and run someday. Sad to say it but we all need to have something of non monetary value to hold on to along with good memories and why leave anything to chance when your family has some people of questionable character.

Return to “Off-topic”