The solution to the "oil crisis"

These topics will not be moderated (only spam is deleted)
Archos5Fan
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

The solution to the "oil crisis"

Post by Archos5Fan »

We have known about the "oil crisis" for decades. Thousands of people have invented thousands of ways to not use fossil fuels which one day WILL run out. Sometime, the last drop of oil will be pumped from the ground and that will be it.

What happened to those thousands of ideas? Nothing (except for Iceland and Brazil) What did those countries do that no other hae done?

MAKE A DECISION AND STICK TO IT.

We have this never-ending crisis about fuel because no one with authority can make a decision.

They will still be inventing ways when the last oil is pumped. If we think oil is expensive now...

Those Porches, Hummers, and Lambra... whatever, will be useless hunks of metal good only for recycling.

Out of all of these inventions we need to invent one more: a decision.
Redneck
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Re: The solution to the "oil crisis"

Post by Redneck »

use more oil? drive bigger cars? have fun while it lasts? oil is being made by the earth all the time. we will have to pump faster if we expect to drain the world of oil. its like drinking a glass of water with a small amount of water being poured back in. it will never run out.
DONT let democrats tell you where and where you cant drill!

:D :lol: :badgrin: ;)
MY SIGNATURE
Bainsyboy
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by Bainsyboy »

U S A,U S A, stuff the world, America needs bigger cars cause they getting fatter.
LUV-ARK-KOS
Archos5Fan
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by Archos5Fan »

The major USA automakers are in real trouble. They have learned nothing since 1973. That year should have given them a wake-up-call to make more fuel-efficient cars and work quickly and decisively for an alternative. They were lucky, they were given a warning and time. But no, they became complacent. Oil started appearing again. GM and others went back to building big fuel-inefficient cars, trucks, SUV's. The CEOs got fat, rich, and lazy. Now they want the US Government to bail them out from 35 years of mismanagement and poor planning. Have they learned now?

I don't think so. They still advertise big heavy trucks doing crazy stunts that would void warranties and violate driving laws. I bet thousands of these big, wasteful monsters are sitting in dealerships unsold.
Redneck
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by Redneck »

it only is voiding the warranty if they can prove that you have done that and driving laws are more like guide lines anyways. :D
i love driving a big Ford F250 with a diesel in it. thing is a tank in crashes and gets good mileage for a truck. the bail out thing, CEOs flew private jets to washington and it cost them 900,000+ dollars to go there. why dont they put some of their money in to the business? yes we are getting fatter but i think the bigger cars thing is a status symbol thing, kinda like ipod. some people where i live have to have trucks and big vehicles to haul stuff and move animals around ranches and then the snow, driving a 2wd car is suicide in the snow. 4wd gets u goin and the bigger weight of your car can save you in a crash, plus more weight on the tires usually = less slide ( if you drive safely).

gas prices are at 1.99 for regular so its getting cheaper to drive big trucks again! ( well not my truck, the SUV will be cheap to drive this winter)
MY SIGNATURE
Archos5Fan
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by Archos5Fan »

See -- getting cheaper, same mentality, until "something" happens. I used to work on a hay farm, spreading it out, loading/unloading trucks. I know what it is like to drive on a wet, muddy dirt road mixed with clay. Kinda fun, but kinda dangerous. I know it takes some power and that's where its *needed*. Where I live now people drive their needless Hummers around and pay for the luxury of being prideful and gluttonous.

The USA needs to decide on a plan and stop fooling around. Retool and begin building its own things again with power USA can make easily, cheaply, and without threat. That would be doing the USA and the rest of the world a very good thing.

History has shown that the moral disintigration of a nation always proceeds its ulitimate disintergration.
Redneck
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by Redneck »

i know what you mean about the hummers. a real hummer is used by the military, not these POS SUV things that get 2MPG. the new H1, 2, 3 are point less. i know that California will cut your sticker cost or taxes if you but a hybrid car but hybrids make a nasty spill if wrecked.
we need to develop something powerful yet fuel efficient. that what americans want. many will trade power and looks for efficiency. i have driven hybrid cars and so called super fuel efficent cars and there is alot of progress to make them more likable. i hated that thing. no power, auto tranny, horrible throttle lag. that was only last year too.
MY SIGNATURE
Charbax
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Charbax »

Sure you can invent and develop new stuff. But the technology is right here. Gas powered cars should be banned immediately. By that I mean:

- All new cars purchased should be electric

- Gas powered cars should from now on be phased out.

Read the solution here: http://betterplace.com

For people who still want to use those big trucks, simpl make them run on natural gas or ethanol or something that does not pollute at all.

Nothing to develop here, these technologies, the car battery, natural gas, ethanol, all those technologies are known, we know how to use them.

Simple as that, for each new electric car that ships, an infrastructure for two charging points thus two car parks for it are installed and drawn up, blue color, car parks reserved for electric cars.

- CO2 taxes are levied immediately on all gas cars at the tank, simply pay more for gas, dynamic though as an indirect tax based on people's income and fortune. Thus income tax is also reduced accordingly so poor people are absolutely not paying more taxes unless they don't do all they can and have to to pollute less.

Oil has taken millions of years to be generated by earth and we have taken it all out and put it in the air in just a matter of a century all the while cutting most of the trees that could take some of that CO2 and make it clean. Oil isn't running out, what is running out is clean air.
Redneck
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by Redneck »

for the web page. of course thats California. im quite glad that i got out of there. i think going electric is good, yes electric is ultra smooth, good power and insane torque but they just dont have the range. 150 miles just sint enough. i travel 40 miles one way to school every day. if i have to do any side trips id run out of power. i also drive 450 miles every month or so to visite family in the bay area of california and a 150 mile range just wont cut it there.
as for trucks and hauling vehicles; natural gas and ethanol just dont pack enough punch.
MY SIGNATURE
Archos5Fan
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by Archos5Fan »

Forget the punch, this is about making a decision and changing the way people live.

We have the technology. All we need is for someone in authority to stand up and say: "This is how it is going to be....." Period, end of story, get to work on it. But we've been playing around for thirty-five years. Enough prototypes and demonstration cars to populate Tokyo.

We need a decision. No one in authority will make it. That's the problem.
Charbax
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Charbax »

Nope, when you arrive at school you plug it in, so when you are back at your car, some hours later, you car battery has again more then 150 miles of range. And if you need to drive further then 150 miles, there are automatic battery replacement machines at every 25 miles or so on highways. It takes about 3 minutes and it's free, you drive into some automatic thing that looks like a car wash, and it automatically swaps your battery.

Ethanol and natural gas is ample enough for trucks, again the only difference is range, but they can just stop a few more times to tank up, or they can build trucks with larger tanks. Exactly the same with airplanes. Airplanes can fly on ethanol, only difference with oil is range, so for all short range flights it is going to be a no problem, and those are the most frequent flights anyways.
CBers
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by CBers »

Charbax wrote:Nope, when you arrive at school you plug it in, so when you are back at your car, some hours later, you car battery has again more then 150 miles of range. And if you need to drive further then 150 miles, there are automatic battery replacement machines at every 25 miles or so on highways. It takes about 3 minutes and it's free, you drive into some automatic thing that looks like a car wash, and it automatically swaps your battery.

How would you have the batteries charged, via solar power ??
Charbax
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Charbax »

Wind, solar, geothermal and waves.
Redneck
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by Redneck »

so you say you dont need any punch? how about if you merge on to the high way and some jerk is speeding and almost rear ends you? happened to my mom but her car has too much GO and she avoided the crash. i know my SUV would not been able to do that. not enough go.

a charging station every 25miles would make the nice middle of no where that i live in teeming with people. i moved out there for a reason, to get out of places with a bunch of people. the stations also mess with the view. how about snow? get some of that melted on the electric system and ZAP your car is dead with no power in 6 degree weather. lovely :roll:

the tech is here but why dont we also put it towards our gas guzzlers. i know you can have a 300+HP car that gets 40MPG highway. that beats what the prius ACTUALLY gets. im still gonna ride my dirt bike too. no catalytic converter. is that gonna be made all electric too? ive ridden an all electric bike and that was almost too creepy smooth. lots of low end power but none of the insane acceleration that you need for observed trials since it did not have a clutch.
MY SIGNATURE
Archos5Fan
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by Archos5Fan »

It is a change in a way of living. People will have to stop driving like they see in the commercials. The idea is to better the earth snd not be dependant on oil from unstable regions. What is it worth to not have that hanging over your head?

If we're half the people we think we are it should be no problem to adjust.
Charbax
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Charbax »

Electric cars have per definition twice the acceleration speed then even the fastest ferraris. 0 to 60 mph in 3.5 seconds. That's just how a standard electric car motor works. Same with bikes.

Battery exchange stations are much smaller then gas stations. Basically smaller then an automated car wash. Snow and temperature has no effect on this system. Just like oil from oil tanks, the batteries are kept underground at battery exchange stations.
Archos5Fan
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by Archos5Fan »

All we have to do is, somehow, convince those who have authority to simply say "do it". All the inventors and patent owners want their patent to be come the standard so they can reap the billions of dollars or euros to be made with the adoption of the new technology. Unfortunately their own greed is standing in the way of progress.

Return to “Off-topic”