Odd "issues" caused by low free disk space?

80GB, 160GB
Douglas Hall
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Odd "issues" caused by low free disk space?

Post by Douglas Hall »

A while ago, I noticed an issue with my 705 wifi, in that it no longer seemed to recognise when headphones were plugged in (with speaker setting set to auto). I could manually force it to be either speaker or headphone, but it (apparently) suddenly had decided not to recognise this itself. A proper reset, seemed to reinstate this very briefly, but it soon reverted to not detecting this.

I didn't really think much more of this, other than something that must have gone wrong over time, and I could always force the selection with the menu option.

Something else that happened - which I thought unrelated, and just put down to general flakiness of my 705 is that the green charge light had stopped illuminating - when either charging from the power adapter, or running off mains.

At this point, the free disk space on my (80GB) 705 was a little over 4GB. I'm not exactly sure why, but I decided to free up some disk space (I think free space up to a little over 12GB), and both these issues (ie not recognising when headphones were plugged in, and the green charge light not lighting) went away.

I haven't done anything more scientific to establish at what point free disk space causes such anomalies, but it did strike me as truly wierd.

Return to “705 WiFi”