405 30gb battery replacement

Below $100
steve_southern
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

405 30gb battery replacement

Post by steve_southern »

So it looks like I have one of these funny types that is neither a 405 nor a 404 ! It says 405 30gb on the device, works great must try this video out as I was unaware of it. So onto my problem. I bought this from QVC UK April 2008 time and the battery is now pretty useless - lasts about 20 minutes. Time to find a replacement I think. Can't seem to find any reference to replacement 405 30gb batteries. Asked Archos tech support and they pointed me to the AV-405 on batterymill and mp3extras

Anyone had to replace their battery on their 405 30gb that looks a bit like a 404 :-) - yes my ok button is in the same place a the 404
wigs
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Re: 405 30gb battery replacement

Post by wigs »

I also would be interested in this as i have exactly the same problem.
roylovelock

Post by roylovelock »

contact mike over at newmp3technology.com. if anyone knows he will and is always very helpful.
roy
COYI
ant01
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by ant01 »

After several hours searching and not finding any reference to a possible replacement, I decided to go with a soldering iron and a Nokia BL-5C battery. (3.7V 1000(ish) mha.

Results ... Acceptable. I used a fairly old battery, past its best by far, but at least I can now use the unit again. I use it mostly as an add-on to my sterio ( in its gen 5 DVR station ) so Its not relying on the smallish bdttery for ongoing power. Before, with its original battery, It wouldn't even power up in the docking station

I am glad I got it working again, as it is a nice "old-fashioned" looking (compared to all the @pple stuff ) unit which goes nicely with my old silver JVC sterio. It looks like it was made as an addon to such a sterio system.

Return to “405”