Archos 405 30Gb

Below $100
CBers
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Archos 405 30Gb

Post by CBers »

Anyone know the cheapest place to buy a 30Gb version ??

I've seen pixmania have it for £149 + p&p, but wondered if it was available elsewhere cheaper.

Also, I am right in believing that the 405 will play AVI format videos, with it just being a container for MPEG-4 videos right ??

TIA.
biffabacon
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by biffabacon »

Hi
Im new to this site, and to Archos.I just got my 405 30gb from QVC. It was the special of the day and was just shy of £150, but with P+P it came to about £155. For this I got the 405 30gb, plus the DVR that tapes all the TV programmes, etc. It converts these to AVi.
I think the price is now upto about £190 for the package I got from QVC. It seemed a bargin at the time, so I went for it!
Im still messing about with it, but 1st impressions are fantastic. The picture is superb, sound good, its my new gadget of the year.
The only thing I can fault it on, is the charging methods. It can charge through the DVR, or a USB on PC, I want to take it on holiday, So im guessing a mini dock would be for me, as then I can send it to the TV in the hotel through the A/V. Any info on this would be more than welcome.
Also, can anyone tell me if you can use Archo,'s on planes?
CBers
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by CBers »

Not sure if one of these A/V Cables will work with your 405, but it does on my 704.

I've used my 704 on planes, and countless other people have used their devices on planes so you shouldn't have any problems.

Return to “405”