605 firmware bugs

4GB, 30GB, 160GB...
generic_username
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Post by generic_username »

xrave wrote:1.7.06 and 1.7.13 firmware have broken the settings for input signal to the 605.

the settings for the recorder are not all saved. hue and saturation are saved, but contrast and brightness are not. this was not a bug in earlier versions.

Can confirm this, it only happens occasionally for me though. (but it does seem to lose these settings EVERY freakin time i have to reset the archos with the button on the bottom, so maybe i'm just missing it crashing lol)
xrave
Archos User
Archos User

Post by xrave »

Firmware 1.7.13

Control of Set Top Box works fine when setting up - both Channels and On/Off work perfectly.

However, will the Archos and the DVR dock do not control the STB when actually trying to record a scheduled program. Very annoying.
Channel does not get changed on the STB. It is not turned off or on. Archos only starts to actually intermittently.
yyan
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by yyan »

Archos 605 4GB
Firmware 1.7.13

When using the helmet cam attachment.

If the keys are locked, when the remote is used to stop a recording, the keys/screen unlocks until a new recording is started. Defeating the point of the remote and keylock, as the archos could be operated accidentally in a bag at this time.
dahblazinaznz
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by dahblazinaznz »

Whenever i try to book mark some music or video, my archos 605 80g just goes completely dark but its still on. Then it just restarts it self, and doesnt give me the bookmarked song/movie on the home screen.
tazmanix
Archos User
Archos User

Post by tazmanix »

model 605 160gb

firmware 1.8.03 d

every thing was fine. now when i click my favourites unit restarts

cleared cache everything fine now
peggy
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by peggy »

I have the 605 4 gb wifi after i down loaded the new firmware on the 11th of
Feb.
now i keep having a problem after i switch the unit of it will not start again.

then i have to reinstall the new firmware again.

I have 8gb transcend sd card could this be a problem
archos>apple
Archos User
Archos User

Post by archos>apple »

^^i think that confirms my decision to wait until a better update.
Archos 605 80GB
raven2000
Archos User
Archos User

Post by raven2000 »

upgraded to the latest firmware..
I haven't upgraded even once, and ive had it for ages, so i didn't have the sound improving upgrade.. After upgrading, was there supposed to be a sound improvement for me?? Didn't really notice it...
MongarEric
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by MongarEric »

I'm not sure if this is a firmware bug or not. But, after the 1.8.03 firmware came out, I would try to update online with my 605 and it would tell me that I was up to date, even though there was a newer firmware available.
Nakama
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Flash video speed

Post by Nakama »

1. When i go one a video site, with my web browser, the speed video goes crazy
jjsixstring
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Is anything above 1.7.06 really that unstable

Post by jjsixstring »

I am a little afraid to update to the 1.8.03 firmware. I am not exactly sure why. There are not too many bad reports back yet. It sounds a little unstable though. I am at 1.7.06 right now. I am not really looking to hack or anything of that nature. I like to be up to date on the firmware of any product I purchase just to make sure my product is functioning at its best. What should I do?
archos>apple
Archos User
Archos User

Re: Is anything above 1.7.06 really that unstable

Post by archos>apple »

jjsixstring wrote:I am a little afraid to update to the 1.8.03 firmware. I am not exactly sure why. There are not too many bad reports back yet. It sounds a little unstable though. I am at 1.7.06 right now. I am not really looking to hack or anything of that nature. I like to be up to date on the firmware of any product I purchase just to make sure my product is functioning at its best. What should I do?

i mean it doesn't hurt to wait if you're worried about the firmware acting up on your device. i haven't updated to the latest one yet, i want to wait until the flash 8 and 9 come out and i hear good reviews. i think patience is the best thing when dealing with all these electronics. just like is took all the patience and researching pick this thing out and over the pmp's and media players.
Archos 605 80GB
Bel
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by Bel »

I have several devices with upgradeable firmwares.

One good thing of them it's that you can upgrade or downgrade everytime you want, so if one firmware doesnt work for you, you allways can go back.

It's a pitty that this is not the case with Archos.
ahcor1991
Archos User
Archos User

Post by ahcor1991 »

tazmanix wrote:model 605 160gb

firmware 1.8.03 d

every thing was fine. now when i click my favourites unit restarts

cleared cache everything fine now

me too
FrostyD
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by FrostyD »

the new firmware update for me wont let me put a : in a movie name. This makes 3:10 to yuma look weird. The only problem ive had is my videos were running at about twice the speed they were supposed to, voices were all squeeky. I restarted it and all was good, it was just an odd thing.
swallman
Archos User
Archos User

Post by swallman »

FrostyD wrote:the new firmware update for me wont let me put a : in a movie name. This makes 3:10 to yuma look weird. The only problem ive had is my videos were running at about twice the speed they were supposed to, voices were all squeeky. I restarted it and all was good, it was just an odd thing.

Are you sure this actually worked before the firmware update ? Windows will not allow a ":" in a file or folder name either.
bioman
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by bioman »

Even before the latest FW update it was not possible to put a ":" in a name. In fact I had exactly the same problem when I wanted to name the "3:10 to Yuma" movie.
Bel
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by Bel »

bioman wrote:Even before the latest FW update it was not possible to put a ":" in a name. In fact I had exactly the same problem when I wanted to name the "3:10 to Yuma" movie.

At least you have the ":" in your virtual keyboard, because if you set the language to Spanish there isnt ":" in the keyboard. So I have to use the english language.
bioman
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by bioman »

Bel wrote:if you set the language to Spanish there isnt ":" in the keyboard.

Incredible!! Archos keeps amazing me...!! :? :?
FrostyD
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by FrostyD »

i think what happened is that when i put it on the device originally, it was called 3:10 To Yuma, which was changed when i put it in windows media player from something like 310.to.yuma.avi or something. Once i got the firmware update it changed the names of several movies back to what it was originally called and not the windows renamed version, so when i tried changing it back ON the archos, it wouldnt let me.

Return to “605 WiFi”