Post by roylovelock »

Good work saved me doing it eventually lol. anyways sticky now
roy
Monicab1979
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by Monicab1979 »

Hey homer.

My tv shows that are on DVD are 4 episodes per DVD. so when i use this program to convert them, they are in 4 different files.

Is that what you are asking? If so, i can try to give you the best instructions, while not actually being in front of the FU Wizard because i am at work...

let me know!

Mon
lloyd877
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by lloyd877 »

I will defiantly try it when I can next.
Archos 5 60GB
ranceramos
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by ranceramos »

Has anyone successfully converted using H.264 on FairUse and not found the resulting avi to be choppy on the Archos? I'm assuming this is because it's using B-frames to encode but is there any way to change this in FU? I guess I could use Xvid or DivX instead if need be.
rayarchos
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by rayarchos »

Which files do I copy to my archos? thanks
Monicab1979
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by Monicab1979 »

the ones with the little movie reel icon. to test it out, click on it, and if it opens, and plays the movie, thats the right file to move over.
rayarchos
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by rayarchos »

Fantastic. works great.
Monicab1979
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by Monicab1979 »

glad to help out!
rayarchos
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by rayarchos »

This thread was very helpful. I was having a hard time figuring out how to get DVDs onto my 605. The screen shots were extreemly helpful
Crlrhxphn
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by Crlrhxphn »

Thanks for the guide I am running fairuse wright now.

but could you explain the subtittle options a little more. I am trying to rip Dragon Ball Z dvds in Japanese with subtitles. Is there any one out there that has tried to do this? I would not mind if it is hardencoded or is a srt file.
Nelly
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Post by Nelly »

Average guy,thanks for this tutorial. ;)
I would have been lost without it. Trying my first F.U. DVD now and I'm hoping it will go well.I'll report back but so far it's been plain sailing \:D/
Nelly
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Post by Nelly »

It's taken over 5 hours to process one DVD. :oops:
This must be wrong surely. Any tips ?
homerthegreat
Archos User
Archos User

Post by homerthegreat »

Monica,

Just to clarify, my DVDs are 6 episodes per disk, therefore 6 equal size program chains show up at 'step 4'. If i opt to cache all the program chains i then only get the option to have one output file altogether or have each episode split into 6 chapters each, at 'step 8'.

So what i need to know is, what options do i need to select to have each of the program chains output to a file each?

I guess i could 'enqueue' each program chain, but id really rather not have to... Thanks!!
(The homer bit is a pseudonym btw!)
homerthegreat
Archos User
Archos User

Post by homerthegreat »

Nelly,
5 hours is about right. Transcoding video is a big job. My 3Ghz consistently takes about this long....
Kodiak

Post by Kodiak »

averageguy saves the day.

A package for me comes in the mail. I already know what it is and now its Xmas in November! It's my DVD set of the complete Night Gallery shows. So I want to burn one and make sure all is good for the 605. I open PocketDVD Studio and I can hear the sound running but no picture. :evil: I try lots of different stuff and still no success. :evil: I am totally bummed out. :(

Time to download FUW Light and print out this great tutorial. Obi One Kanobi (averageguy) your my only hope. It worked like a charm. It does take a long time to do its thing, so its an overnight, or go to work project but its free and it works great. Who can cry.

Thanks! averageguy. I owe you!
Nelly
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Post by Nelly »

Thanks Homer. :D
Relieved it wasn't me and my nooby mistakes.
Looks like an "overnight" or "go to work with it running" project as Kodiak says,the results are worth it.

Kodiak : I had the same problem with my Pocket DVD trial so I abandoned the idea. That was a shame because it had everything I needed and wanted.

Just trying out DVD Platinum and it looks like I'll be choosing between FUW (the light version is free) and DVD Platinum. \:D/
Kodiak

Post by Kodiak »

Yeah the PocketDVD Studio is a pleasure to use. It has all the features especially the Start and Stop points. I also can burn a movie in just over an hour so its pretty fast. I just could not get the video to play. It looks like a vob file so maybe thats the issue. I'll use it when ever I can but for this set I'll have to stick with FUW and just letting them run over night.
bja70
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Too many segments

Post by bja70 »

Thanks for the info. I tried it once and it worked exactly like you showed but when I tried it on another DVD there was no one large file but many smaller sized ones. The DVD ripped fine but in the destination folder there were like 22 separate files. They all play fine but they are individual and seem to be in a random order. Is there some setting that I should have selected? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Nelly
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Post by Nelly »

Of course if anyone knows the methods "AXXO" uses it would make things a lot easier, less fun, but easier.
Looks like it's FUW for me.
Thanks Average Guy. :D
Nelly
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Post by Nelly »

I put "Open Range" on my Archos the other day. I made the resolution 800x600 (the 605 max) and no joy. Made it 720x576 and it played fine. The file was only 1.5 gigs.
Does anyone know why I get the error "file too big to play" when it's 800x600 ? :?

Return to “605 WiFi”