Resume or continue where left off?

7" 800x480
VipFREAK
Archos User
Archos User

Resume or continue where left off?

Post by VipFREAK »

I know there's a general resume if you turn off the 704 but is there a resume or continue where left off for each video file?

Thanks
warris
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by warris »

Yes, just set a bookmark and then when you want to continue watching / listening just select the file and continue from the bookmark. It works on audio and video files.

If you just select the resume icon it will continue the last file played from where it shut down.
VipFREAK
Archos User
Archos User

Post by VipFREAK »

Thanks for the info so if I want to stop and resume then I have to keep hitting bookmark everytime? (just to be clear)
warris
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by warris »

Bookmarks add a permanent resume point to any video or audio file so you can go back to the point you were at whenever you want, the resume icon only applies to the last file you accessed. If you watch video 1 file for instance then shut the archos down the resume icon will take you back to video 1 file when you next switch on, if in the meantime you have watched video 2 file the resume icon will take you back to video 2 file. Bookmarks add a permant resume marker to each file (they can be deleted quite simply)

Hope this helps.
VipFREAK
Archos User
Archos User

Post by VipFREAK »

Ok, thanks... I was fooling around with it and I think I get it. I just have to make sure to delete them later.
CBers
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by CBers »

warris wrote:Bookmarks add a permanent resume point to any video or audio file so you can go back to the point you were at whenever you want, the resume icon only applies to the last file you accessed. If you watch video 1 file for instance then shut the archos down the resume icon will take you back to video 1 file when you next switch on, if in the meantime you have watched video 2 file the resume icon will take you back to video 2 file. Bookmarks add a permant resume marker to each file (they can be deleted quite simply)

Hope this helps.

Allegedly !!

I set some bookmarks up but the next time I went into the folder, there were no bookmarks being displayed, but they were there as an hour or so later when I went back to the same folder, the files had bookmarks (ticks) next to them.

Does it take a while for the ARCHOS to recognise them ??
warris
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by warris »

Mmmmm bit of a mystery that, cant help you on that one CBers Sorry. Can only assure that the system needed to update the arc files or where ever the book marks are stored. I guess its just another "bug"

Return to “704 WiFi and 704 TV”