Not enough space on hard drive

7" 800x480
GeoffBu
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Not enough space on hard drive

Post by GeoffBu »

Are there any other people still using a 704?

Mine has been good friend for years now, but has just started stopping recording, and telling me "recording stopped. Not enough space on hard drive!" I have erased several recordings so it shows 25gig spare.

I hope this isn't the beginning of the end for my 704, as there doesn't seem to be anything else around with the funtionality of the 704.

I hope someone than me is still a 704 fan!
fredc
Archos User
Archos User

Re: Not enough space on hard drive

Post by fredc »

Have you got hidden folders enabled on the computer? if so can you see a recycle bin or system volume information folder in the root? windows can create these and they can fill up wasting space.

If not, the next step is probably a corruption in the file system or fat on the 704. First step would be a check disk function. If the corruption does not clear with this (sometimes a dos check disk is better than running through windows) then it's a question of backing up all the contents and formatting the entire drive to clear the fat and create a new one.

If after a format it still does not show the correct space, then it's looking like a hardware fault on the drive.

Return to “704 WiFi and 704 TV”