airline archos 704 WiFi restore like retail?

7" 800x480
Rookie4sho
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

airline archos 704 WiFi restore like retail?

Post by Rookie4sho »

A friend of mine some how got his hands on an American Airlines Archos 704 Wifi and didn't care much for it and gave it to me. It has a bunch of AA branding on it and the user interface is also AA. it came with a bunch of movies, tv shows, games and music.

Is there any chance I can get this thing to look like a regular Archos? Ive tried holding down the TV button on startup but no recovery mode shows up (saw I could restore in such away in the pdf manual). Ive also tried using a few USB cables to connect to my comp with no luck what so ever. Ive used usb cables from external hard drives, my cell phone (which charges my phone too) and also a PSP one. The computer has no reaction so I cant even view or add files to the device. Is this thing pretty much worthless since it was from AA or could I some how wipe it clean and use it like a retail Archos?

Thanks in advance :D
Deejay300
Archos User
Archos User

Re: airline archos 704 WiFi restore like retail?

Post by Deejay300 »

Try buying an Archos 704 USB cable and then trying to update the firmware from the Archos website?
Rookie4sho
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by Rookie4sho »

Thanks I might try that but is there a difference with these cables since it looks the same as the one for my external hard drive or for my psp. I know the difference usualy is if its a 5 pin usb or 4 pin. is the USB for archos completely different?
Deejay300
Archos User
Archos User

Post by Deejay300 »

can you post a picture?
Rookie4sho
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by Rookie4sho »

What a pic of the USB cable I have for my external hard drives and PSP?

Return to “704 WiFi and 704 TV”