Archos.com is one of the most user unfriendly sites

News, Videos and everything else not fitting in other forums
abdu
Archos User
Archos User

Archos.com is one of the most user unfriendly sites

Post by abdu »

I always get frustrated with their site. I am trying to contact customer support through their site. You can do it unless you select a registered product. My Archos 7 is broken so I don't know what the serial # or product ket. No serial # in the back on the unit. You can't register a product unless you have this information. In their "Add product" page, if you make a mistake or leave something out, you get an error message and or your selections are reset.. aarrggh. I am web developer and these things annoy me. I remember their earlier site was awful.

They make it hard to contact them. If you call them, they put you on hold forever.
generic_username
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Re: Archos.com is one of the most user unfriendly sites

Post by generic_username »

agreed. sent a message to archos support once... never heard a peep. might as well have been talkin to god
TourneySteve
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by TourneySteve »

Maybe its just beginners luck, but I emailed they're support last night and got an informative reply at 9:10 this morning 8)
Del-City
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by Del-City »

I e mailed them last week with a bog standard question for them to reply with "your unit is out of warranty get stuffed" well maybe not the get stuffed but subliminally it was there.
abdu
Archos User
Archos User

Post by abdu »

I asked them how much a screen replacement costs and the guy sends me RMA instructions.

I need to know how much it costs before I decide to go for it. After that I asked them how much. Still waiting for an answer.
Maybe he doesn't want me to get discouraged by the price.

An example of poor customer service.

Return to “General”