Come on CHARBAX. I PERSONALLY expect better.

News, Videos and everything else not fitting in other forums
generic_username
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Come on CHARBAX. I PERSONALLY expect better.

Post by generic_username »

While I understand your posting of the 'drama' that is ARCHOS's android app store, I am frankly appalled at your use of an Archosfans.com forums members name in a negative light.

Over the years that I have visited this site I have come to expect alot from you Charbax.

You ARE Archosfans.com.
You ARE the Archos scene.
You ARE the ultimate Archos fanboi.

You should be better than this.

I personally would appreciate removal of any forum users being portrayed in a negative manner from the Archosfans.com website. If we as forum users do not follow the rules as prescribed in the TOS then feel free to ban as I'm sure you can.

But, short of that, no matter how a users words personally move you, it is not productive to participate in name calling. You should be above the fray.

(p.s. even if there are a few trolls on this board, we know who they are and they have a place too!)
Charbax
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Come on CHARBAX. I PERSONALLY expect better.

Post by Charbax »

generic_username wrote:I am frankly appalled at your use of an Archosfans.com forums members name in a negative light.
alsutton is not just a random forum member. He has been a constant troll, basher of anything to do with Archos since he joined the forum 02 Sep 2009 01:10 pm exactly right after that Archos had somehow refused to abide by his demands to licence andappstore. How much money did alsutton expect Archos to pay for this?

So there, I totally recognize the language in Archos response in the words:
The unfounded and slanderous allegations by Funky Android not only affect ARCHOSÔÇÖ reputation, but
they are also harmful to ARCHOSÔÇÖ partners and to the applications development community.
I would even add to that to say that he as a forum user has been harmful to the constructive debates around the Archos Android release on this forum.

I am not paid to host this forum, yet I've had to spend countless hours answering to one of his bashing posts against anything Archos related on this forum, one after the other, 24 hours a day nearly.

I'm used to forum trolls, constant Archos bashers and the likes. Those are okay I guess, nothing much one can do about that as long as Internet forums are for a bunch of anonymous people from random places with random backgrounds and with random opinions often posting as if they have an authoritative basis for their opinions. And in many ways I perfectly understand some people's frustrations with having to deal with Archos being such a small company and thus realistically not being able to provide after sales support in the same way as multi-hundred billion dollar companies like apple that have apple stores where people usually can go and get their defective apple laptops exchanged easily but also where people have to pay huge $1000 premium on anything with an apple logo considering how overpriced and under-performing all apple products are. With alsutton though this is not the common case of a forum troll/basher. He has had his own secret business agenda in criticizing everything to do with Archos for he specifically joined the forum right when Archos declined his contract proposition, and he joined with only one secret objective, to slander and bash everything to do with Archos in every possible way. Basically spreading fear uncertainty and doubt around all things Archos all over this forum. Then culminating in his plan to publicly slander Archos with his announcement to seek legal counsel, possibly in an attempt to extort some kind of out of court settlement out of his global public pressure through slander strategy.

So, just in case he realizes that his forum posts on this forum can be used against him in this case, not only in terms of the actual legal battle, but in my opinion, most importantly, in terms of public opinion about Archos and the Archos community in general, I have simply de-activated his forum account so that he could not go back and delete himself all his previous posts. Even though I know Google and my site backups would provide for backups of all his posts, basically I did that because I don't know how to parse the database or find a code that somehow prints out all his slanderous posts on the forum in one readable document. Also, I don't know if there would be a mass lock editing function to somehow prevent a user from editing his previous posts.

I am not banning him from the forum, he can register alsutton2 or whatever, I just would like to make sure he is not able to go back and remove all his slanderous posts from the main current forum database.
generic_username
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Re: Come on CHARBAX. I PERSONALLY expect better.

Post by generic_username »

ok. well I said my bit. I appreciate you at least taking the time to respond, thank you.

I haven't read the various posts except the one quite interesting one between you two about the merits of archos in relation to a traditional mobile focused andriod marketplace. i mostly lurk in the hacking forum, for which i thank you greatly.

might i also add, i quite like the wiki idea! good on you

Return to “General”