Availabillity and price for the 604 Wi-Fi

The Axledental DJ
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by The Axledental DJ »

Hello ALL, I'm new to Archos, just picked up my Archos 604 Wifi at my local Sams Club for $369.99 in Baltimore, MD.

My previous experince with a DAP, was when I owned an iAudio X5 30GB. Looking forward to sharing my troubles and triamps with Archos 604 Wifi users.
honeymonkey
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by honeymonkey »

Sure hope rockbox ports this thing. Can you imagine the apps?
vkapl
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Availabillity and price for the 604 Wi-Fi

Post by vkapl »

I checked all Sam's clubs in NJ, everyone is out of stock. Does anybody know who else will be selling 604wifi in a future and when?

Thank you
richlin71
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by richlin71 »

I just ordered mine from Wolf Camera, where they say it's in-stock and ships within 24hrs. It's $450, free ground shipping, no tax.

http://www.wolfcamera.com/product/812043289.htm
alankayser
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Funny story about the 604WiFi

Post by alankayser »

I work at CompUSA. Today a young lady came in asking about Archos. We only carry the 404, but she said there was another model she was interested in. Oh well, says I, would this be it? And I whipped it out, oh, the 604WiFi of course, which I just happened to have in my pocket. Yes, she screams!!! I thrilled her with tales of all the great features of the 604 and showed her some video, too. Then I sent her off to Sam's Club down the road...
Ant
Archos User
Archos User

Re: Funny story about the 604WiFi

Post by Ant »

alankayser wrote:I work at CompUSA. Today a young lady came in asking about Archos. We only carry the 404, but she said there was another model she was interested in. Oh well, says I, would this be it? And I whipped it out, oh, the 604WiFi of course, which I just happened to have in my pocket. Yes, she screams!!! I thrilled her with tales of all the great features of the 604 and showed her some video, too. Then I sent her off to Sam's Club down the road...
Yea, thats the way ;) Hope your manager didnt see that. Pretty cool with girls into this stuff... ill start a poll :D
nikon10000
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by nikon10000 »

best buy in ( usa) has it for 399 and might even go on sale. Futureshop and best buy canada will have them by next week as well for around 400. If u do store pick up and order from online shipping will be free. ! ! !
Buckwheat
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Post by Buckwheat »

nikon10000 wrote:best buy in ( usa) has it for 399 and might even go on sale. Futureshop and best buy canada will have them by next week as well for around 400. If u do store pick up and order from online shipping will be free. ! ! !
Best Buy USA is "backordered", but they do have the 504 40g for online purchase only.
honeymonkey
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by honeymonkey »

Wi-Fi?[/quote]Thats
danparker276
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by danparker276 »

Just got my sam's club membership and my 604 wifi. can't beat that 369
mystromy8
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

HotMp3Gear

Post by mystromy8 »

Scott seems to have fallen off the face pf the earth...has anyone had contact with mp3hotgear in the last week?
marvins_dad
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by marvins_dad »

I haven't read through the entire thread, but we got ours at Sam's for $369.
They had one display unit and 4 locked in the cage near customer service.
They didn't even have the tags up for them yet, they must have just gotten them.

I think I read somewhere that all Sam's got 5 units to start with.
alankayser
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by alankayser »

Yes, it seems as though all Sam's Clubs received five units. I purchased one at the first SC I visited. They had a display but the salespeople had no clue about the 604WiFi or even that the display existed. They had all five locked up at customer service. Just for the heck of it I went to another SC to see what they had. A "salesperson" (with a bad attitude, who thought the customer was just a bother to him) directed me to the jewelry department. Sitting behind the jewelry counter were five 604WiFi's. I suppose Sam's must think some silver haired Florida snowbird will make an impulse buy of an Archos! Strange. I assume that Sam's and Archos have some special deal going, since Best Buy, Circuit City, Target, CompUSA (where I work), and even Sam's kissin cousin Wal-Mart do not have the 604. CompUSA has the 404, Target carries the 504 in a special package with the TV adapter.
martynkhill
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

UK available site

Post by martynkhill »

For anyone wanting to obtain a UK source, advancedmp3players.co.uk now have stock, I have just ordered.
nlpgeek

Archos available on B&H NY

Post by nlpgeek »

Just got the archos 604 wifi from B&H (www.bhphotovideo.com) for $404.00
That plus the DVR Docking Station from RitzCamera for $56.00 (use Google Checkout to get 20$ discount).

Return to “604 WiFi”