Availabillity and price for the 604 Wi-Fi

Nubmaster
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Availabillity and price for the 604 Wi-Fi

Post by Nubmaster »

Can we start a thread of availabillity and price for the 604 wifi, say for USA and Uk and Europe, as like many of you reading this, I can not wait to get my hands on one.
I am in the UK by the way, but don't mind where I get mine from as long as its a good price and quick. :)
jambo
Archos User
Archos User

Post by jambo »

No-one's got their stock yet (correct me if I'm wrong).

For the UK the cheapest will be HotMP3gear.com, quickest will be Advanced MP3 Players.
mystromy8
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by mystromy8 »

I'd like to vouch for hotmp3gear. Very nice guy that runs the business. Have met with him, bought from him, and he has been exceptionally helpful to me. By the way...the wifi 604 may be here sooner than we think.
raid517
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by raid517 »

I can also vouch for Scot from HotMP3Gear.com... He seems to be very trustworthy.

1 week delivery from Canada to the UK too - so not too bad...
shirleywhite
Archos User
Archos User

Post by shirleywhite »

I've used Micro Anvika on Tottenham Court Rd in London a few times. They currently have all the 04 series EXCEPT the 404CAM and 604wifi - but expect these within next few days apparently.( On "pre-order" status) They also have the 3 "docking" stations in stock too!! Plus various batteries/cases etc. Any day now I'm hoping to pick up a 604wifi !!!!
shirleywhite
Archos User
Archos User

Post by shirleywhite »

PS the Micro Anvika price for 604wifi is £319. They tend not to be the cheapest - but I like to be able to "play" with a machine in a shop then (if like it) walk out there and then with it!
birdman
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by birdman »

so when should it be available?
shirleywhite
Archos User
Archos User

Post by shirleywhite »

Hi Birdman
When I spoke to someone at Micro Anvika they couldnt give me a definite date - but said very soon (days!!??) They had just about everything else in stock in their shop. Their website has had "pre order" on the 604 wifi for about 2 weeks now I think. I've bought stuff from them before ( got my av500 there) - they are generally fairly good at not "overestimating" re lead times etc. AS soon as first batch arrives I'm hoping to pop round and collect one!!!
birdman
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by birdman »

damn! ├óÔÇÜ┬¼620? to dear for me. although I'm in ireland, would rather order from america beacuse of the exchange rate, anyone know when hotmp3gear (or another international shipping site) is expecting his?
mystromy8
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by mystromy8 »

Wifi is suppose to be out within next 2 weeks. Got this info from a beta tester
[email protected]
Archos User
Archos User

Post by [email protected] »

The 604 Wifi will be a monster !

:lol:

Wait two weeks. :wink:

www.archoslounge.net
RK
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by RK »

I've been exchanging emails with Scott from hotmp3gear.com because I'm very interested in the 604, and he's told me that the are getting 604WiFi's soon, and they should be going for about 349USD, want one! :lol:
Charbax
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Charbax »

349$ is probably the 604 without the Wi-Fi, the one with the Wi-Fi and the touch-screen is probably going to be around 449$ at the beginning..
t_bizz
Archos User
Archos User

Post by t_bizz »

http://www.hotmp3gear.com/Archos%20604wifi.htm

scott has it online now at hotmp3gear.com

and charbax is exactly right $449us.

I cant wait to hear some user reviews
RK
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by RK »

Yep, must have been some misunderstanding, but it is 449. I would still like to get one, sooner or later... Probably later because I need to find an another $200. LoL
donjose
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Ritz camera website taking pre-orders

Post by donjose »

http://www.ritzcamera.com/product/812043289.htm
just ordered mine:

ARCHOS DVR DOCKING STATION 69.99
ARCHOS 604 WIFI MEDIA PLAYER 449.99
$519.98

it's $10 off if yo use their Google deal.
Ei
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by Ei »

I just ordered the 604 wifi fron Scott at http://www.hotmp3gear.com/Archos%20604wifi.htm

They are getting them in on Friday. I can not wait!!

My problem is that I can't even transfer my media from my older AV500 as my computer won't recognize the hard drive & wants to reformat the disk. That sucks!!! I guess I have to start all over again. :cry:
Dignan17
Archos User
Archos User

Post by Dignan17 »

Ei wrote:I just ordered the 604 wifi fron Scott at http://www.hotmp3gear.com/Archos%20604wifi.htm

They are getting them in on Friday. I can not wait!!
Ooooo! Excellent! I'm curious as to where Scott gets his info. He has a lot of information on the WiFi than I thought was available. Maybe I just haven't been paying enough attention, but did everyone else know all that stuff at the bottome of the page?

Should all those "Additional advanced features" that are supposed to be out by the end of the year actually come out, then the 604 will have the opposite WiFi features of the Zune, and the ones that everyone was saying that Microsoft's player should have.

Personally, I have no interest in purchasing any music from any online store, at home or out and about. I'm hoping that we get some really good features.

Has anyone seen the manual for the 604 WiFi?
Celestial
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

On bakcorder on Titz Camera

Post by Celestial »

The issue I have with ordering from anyone right now is they have no stock. Ritz I think is in NY so I can't buy it. I would get slammed with 9% tax.

But on their site its not in stock but I think the Nov 2 is the date when it goes on sale...it is exactly 2 weeks from when every site started saying it was shipping to retailers...I think Archos is going to have a merry Xmas :) I know I will when I see some in stock :)
Charbax
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Charbax »

Some French users have been able to buy it today for 499├óÔÇÜ┬¼ at Fnac electronics stores in Paris:

http://www.jbmm.fr/forum/index.php?show ... 142&st=200

First reports are coming in. Nobody knows if a new firmware version is imminent which will add a few browser features. Like reportedly javascript, flash and ssl connections does not work in the browser yet. To be confirmed.

Return to “604 WiFi”