File sharing with vista

alscott
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

File sharing with vista

Post by alscott »

I am trying to view files in vista from my 604wifi. I can connect to the workgroup and see my laptop `C` drive and `default` user account. I can browse the default account and view pictures etc but when I selct the C drive the archos prompts me to enter a username and password, I do not use a password as i am the only user of my laptop and now I cannot view any of my files without moving them to the default account. I have enabled file sharing and read lots of posts on this forum but cannot find a fix....any help much appreciated
marksteven
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Re: File sharing with vista

Post by marksteven »

Hi,
According to me,you should connect your computers in LAN connection.So that you should easily shared your folder with the other computers.Make one computer as a server and installed into windows server2003.
Thanks for sharing this information.
alscott
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by alscott »

Mark, thanks for your reply but not really sure what you meant :? :? .
What I am trying to do is stream video from my laptop to my archos, but when I try and do this the archos prompts me to enter a user name and password. I am the sole user of the laptop so do not use a password to log on, and the archos will not let me leave the pasword field blank/empty.
I have also now tried this in windows 7 and have the same problem
any help would be much appreciated :D
Budwzr
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by Budwzr »

Set up a guest account on the laptop and give it full privileges.
johnjohn1
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by johnjohn1 »

i am having the same issue, i have sharing enabled and my computers show up on my 604wifi, but when i try to view the computers it asks me for a login. i do not have a password.

any help would be great, has anyone successfully connected a 604wifi with a vista or windows 7 computer??
alscott
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by alscott »

Budwzr I set up another account as an administrator in windows 7. I can now browse that user account and all that is stored in it, but when I select the C drive and enter the correct user name and password nothing happens, the archos seems to think for a short while and then returns to the C drive prompt.
So I think the only way to browse all is to add a password to the original account, or move all films/photos to to new account with a password, which is what I was trying to avoid, :( ah well thanks anyway.

Return to “604 WiFi”