Generation 4, 504 upgrade from 250 GB upto 500 GB hybrid SSD

optical10
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Generation 4, 504 upgrade from 250 GB upto 500 GB hybrid SSD

Post by optical10 »

Having nearly filled the capacity on my present 250 GB, which is causing massive slowdown whilst updating the library and access times. I have also noticed that certain music sub directory folders have started to not appear when I browse via the Archos but are present when connect to a PC via USB and use the Archos as a PC drive. So whilst looking for a reasonably sized SSD at the right price and the right dimensions I stumbled across this Momentus XT Solid State Hybrid Drive 500 GB hybrid SSD at £95 including VAT.
I read a review here at ZNET UK and it was a no-brainer on price per gigabyte and price per performance gain versus a standard SSD at 480 GB perhaps £379 including VAT, that's after a 22% discount this bank holiday weekend which I presume reverts back to another £110 if I don't press the trigger before the offer ends.
Even though it will not be a complete waste if this doesn't work, as I can use it on my HP laptop if needs be, I thought I would see if anybody else has gone this route to upgrading any of the various generations of Archos PMP's tablets using a hybrid SSD all standard SSD drive?

Any thoughts appreciated

Return to “604 and 504”