need help with plug in for 604

stacyemm
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

need help with plug in for 604

Post by stacyemm »

I puchased the Podcast plug in for an Archos 604 which I purchased on Ebay.

When I go to download the plug in it asks for the Product ID (which I have), the download code (which I have) and the serial number (which I do not have). the serial number is the issue - not sure if people take them off, but for whatever reason it did not come with the unit. Contacted Archos - they knew less than I did about how to resolve the issue.

Any suggestions? I'm frustrated that I can't play these videos and also that I had to pay for a plug in which I can't use.

Does anyone know if the serial number/Product ID are tied in some way to the plug ins?

Just need your expertise!

Thank you,
Stacy
viking

Re: need help with plug in for 604

Post by viking »

I don't know anything about this device, but since the activity of this subforum is very low I will hazard a guess. Normally the serial number is on the original box, which you may not have. Also it is usually on the device in ultra teeny form, possibly needing a magnifying glass. On sort of a badge which may be hidden behind some fold out arm or something.
a101g9 a70g8 an10g2 sg42 sg5 voy115
fredc
Archos User
Archos User

Re: need help with plug in for 604

Post by fredc »

The serial number for my 504 was on the barcode on the battery. Podcasts will only work for the specific unit since they unlock a software code for the specific serial and product codes.

Return to “604 and 504”