Sony PSP MP4 Files Don't Show up in "Video" File..

dr150
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Sony PSP MP4 Files Don't Show up in "Video" File..

Post by dr150 »

The Sony PSP H264 MP4 video files don't show up in the "Video" File portion of my Archos 504.

They ONLY show up in the "Browser" File (where they play fine when started up from there).

HOW CAN I GET MY SONY PSP MP4 FILES TO BE RECOGNIZED UNDER THE "Video" file (and not only in the "Browser" file)???..........
c4manceph
Archos User
Archos User

Post by c4manceph »

This may sound silly but do you have them in the "Video" folder?
RK
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by RK »

Like c4manceph said, for the Archos to show you the videos in the default thumbnail view, they need to be right inside of the Video folder, it does not show subfolders. If your videos are in the subfolders then you can access them though the file "Browser" function like you've already done. Or you can also try pressing the button with the arrows next to the MENU button after you enter the "Video" mode, and that should take you into a "list" view, instead of the thumbnail view.

I don't know why the thumbnail view does not show subfolders, it seems a logical and easy thing for Archos to add. All my videos are in subfolders also, but I've gotten used to it, and it doesn't bother me much.
on my 605
dr150
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by dr150 »

RK wrote:Like c4manceph said, for the Archos to show you the videos in the default thumbnail view, they need to be right inside of the Video folder, it does not show subfolders. If your videos are in the subfolders then you can access them though the file "Browser" function like you've already done. Or you can also try pressing the button with the arrows next to the MENU button after you enter the "Video" mode, and that should take you into a "list" view, instead of the thumbnail view.

I don't know why the thumbnail view does not show subfolders, it seems a logical and easy thing for Archos to add. All my videos are in subfolders also, but I've gotten used to it, and it doesn't bother me much.

My PSP MP4s are put directly into the Archos Video older from my computer (hard drive mode of course)

When I turn the Archos 504 on and go into the "Video" file, ONLY the movies not from the PSP show up.

To access my Sony PSP Mp4's, I have to go into the "Browser" file. From here they can be accessed and play just fine.

The MP4's do not show up with a thumbnail in the "Video" file.

I don't know why..........
RK
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by RK »

Oh, so is this problem specific to the MP4 files? Try putting some AVI file into the Video folder and test if you have the same problems. Not sure why it does not show you your MP4's. I never use anything other then DivX AVI's so I can't be sure. But maybe a firmware update could fix this? What is your firmware version? The newest one is 1.6.23.
on my 605
weelogic
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by weelogic »

The Video browser won't show any MP4 files in H264 format. I have the same problem with video files from my Sanyo Xacti. The files can be accessed through the main browser, but don't appear on the Video list, while all my older AVI files do. Maybe Archos could deal with this in a firmware update, but given that no updates are likely now that the Gen 5 is in play, I think we will just have to live with it.

Return to “604 and 504”